Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Geriatric Gladiator
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bush bob is simply a line and hook dangling into a river, stream or lake that has the other end attached to an overhead limb. They can be baited with almost any live bait, traditional bait, or even a small piece of cut up soap. I used to set them on the Potomac River and come back in a few hours usually to see most of the tree limbs moving. The natural elasticity of the limbs hook the fish for you. It beats sitting on the river bank all day.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
your missing half the fun.............sitting on the river bank all day. down here we do it the same way but, we call them trotlines or bushhooks.

·
Registered
861 Posts
We call them Limb Lines here.You can also use bank poles if you don't have a boat.All it is a pole of some sort stuck in the ground so the fish can't pull it out. With a line ,sinker and a hook with some sort of bait on it. Not very sporting but it gets the job done.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Not very sporting but it gets the job done
Feeding your family has very little to do with sport anyway.
You might want to add an auto reel to your set up for added efficiency. Works on light snares too.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Not very sporting but it gets the job done
Feeding your family has very little to do with sport anyway.
You might want to add an auto reel to your set up for added efficiency. Works on light snares too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
like curdog said we call them limb lines also. I just had to learn to set them after dark to keep the turtles off of em :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have heard them called diddy poles. Where I live we use the term limbline. and yes I use them a lot. Bait them just before dark and check them the next morning. Like to set them in the colder weather down here as the Water moccasins tend to sit in the trees and like to drop in your boat. Now that is a fun experience. It is a sport to some of the good ole boys down here.
Some tie a white cloth to the limb to show where there lines are. Bait most used here is hot dogs, Cut bait, and small Bream ( bluegill ). We catch a good amount of Catfish but you will get a occasional Gar.

The Wood Duck

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Limb lines, jug fishing, yo-yo's are all great ways to catch fish while you do something else.

But in a SHTF situation, I think traps and nets are more efficient.

JMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts