Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a 7.62mm ammo can and i wanna see what everyone uses theres for besides ammo. I have a FAK in a .50 cal. ammo can so i don't wanna use it for that. for people who don't know the Dimensions of said ammo can here they are:7" tall x 3 and a half " wide x 10" long. oh and my vehicles all have center consols so i won't be using it in that capacity either. :)

·
96 Posts
I stole it from another website

I really like this one:

·
Banned
156 Posts
That is fully bad ACE! wow I am impressed being in the military my self I would have never even thought of putting a computer in one lol maybe parts.

·
96 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
for some reason i don't think these ammo boxes ever thought they'd see a computer shoved i them. pretty cool.

these ammo cans are great for making charcol for making blackpowder as well.

·
PERMANENTLY REDACTED
1,244 Posts
The nuts and bolts of it

Ammo cans are awesome. They are great for storing anything that fits in them. Just be advised they have some shortfalls.
They rust...They are water/vapor tight. You load one up with goodies on a damp day, and all that moisture laden air is trapped inside. A buddy of mine thought my idea of canning my handguns was cool. What he failed to observe, is that in each of my cans I had SILICA JELL in a permeable pouch, and VOC rust inhibitors. Sadly one day he opened his can to find a couple of well rusted weapons. Here is a link for poly gun bags. They can be cut into strips and placed in your cans, or any other closed container (in addition to bagging up a weapon). http://www.polygunbag.com/

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I like boater dry boxes better, they are heavy duty plastic ,same basic shape as ammo cans and just as water proof , but much lighter and no rust or corrosion.

·
Preparing...
1,302 Posts
for some reason i don't think these ammo boxes ever thought they'd see a computer shoved i them. pretty cool.

these ammo cans are great for making charcol for making blackpowder as well.
I was thinking of making some charcoal and i didn't know what metal tin to use.
If I can pick up a cheap ammo tin that would be great.

·
Leave Me Alone
434 Posts
I have tested them for caching ammo and handguns, used them for a first aid kit in the boat, a small tool box, (keeps water out) store spare generator parts (fuel filter, spark plugs, etc.) They have a million uses, but mostly I store ammo in them to keep them from moisture. If you have a spare pistol to stash someplace, clean it, wipe it down, put it in a ziplock, put a couple of spare mags, a couple of boxes of ammo, and maybe some cash, then hide it. A friend of mine has two of these hidden on his property, in case something happens in his home and he's outside and unarmed. He saw a guy breaking into his house once while he was feeding his horse at the barn. He said that luckily he had an old shotgun for a barn gun, and grabbed it and headed for the house.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts