Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Why does she need to be there?

Was there not a police report filed at the time of the accident? Did she have a license? Did she do a hit and run? Was there any suspicion that she did anything illegal? Was the accident her fault? If so...was she CRIMINALLY liable for an ACCIDENT?

NONE of that requires her to be there, to be answered.

Or...is this a civil case?

If so...Too bad. Accidents happen.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,649 Posts
Why does she need to be there?

Was there not a police report filed at the time of the accident? Did she have a license? Did she do a hit and run? Was there any suspicion that she did anything illegal? Was the accident her fault? If so...was she CRIMINALLY liable for an ACCIDENT?

NONE of that requires her to be there, to be answered.

Or...is this a civil case?

If so...Too bad. Accidents happen.
supposedly she had only been in the country for three weeks and she was driving on the wrong side of the road. She is looking at 14 years in prison.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
supposedly she had only been in the country for three weeks and she was driving on the wrong side of the road. She is looking at 14 years in prison.
That's an accident caused by a stupid person. Too bad.

I had read somewhere that alcohol might have been a factor. I'll bet they couldn't get her out of the UK fast enough.
Now THAT should be grounds for extradition, and the diplomatic immunity thing is BS regardless.:thumb:

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
I don't get where you're coming from. She killed a kid and you say "That's an accident caused by a stupid person. Too bad." WTF?

She should be held accountable and given the speed in which they got her out of the UK, there may very well be some validity to the claim alcohol played a factor.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I don't get where you're coming from. She killed a kid and you say "That's an accident caused by a stupid person. Too bad." WTF?

She should be held accountable and given the speed in which they got her out of the UK, there may very well be some validity to the claim alcohol played a factor.
agreed, but it's hard not to be a contrarian to asag, the britti libernator.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
So...do you NOT understand what "accident" means?:confused:

What do you DO to a person that really truly "holds them accountable" for an accident that occurred due to a few seconds of inattention?

Put them in jail for years? Seriously?

WTF does THAT do to help the person she killed, or HONESTLY make their families feel better about their loss?

All it does is ruin HER families' lives. And NOT accidentally, it's intentional harm to multiple people. How very "accountable" that is.:cool:

You want to hold her accountable...take away her driving privileges. Make her do community service, make her tell her story in safe driving classes, or maybe mow the grass at the cemetery were the kid is buried.

But prison? An international incident? That's stupid.

Agreed, it could be a thing.

And if that is the case...light her up. AND her husband's chain of command. That is NOT an accident, that's a choice.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
My comprehension of the meaning of "accident" is quite good thank you very little.

She gets to skate because of diplomatic immunity. Another article I followed up on reported dangerous driving was involved. Given the UK has surveillance cameras about every 50 ft, chance are good they have footage from the accident. And, chances are good they have probable cause above and beyond her driving on the wrong side of the road to charge her with whatever the Brit equivalent of involuntary manslaughter is. You do know in the US, definitely here in AZ, if you are driving on the wrong side of the road and it results in the death of another chances are pretty good you're going to be charged. You also know, I hope, that that few seconds of inattention is all it takes to cause an accident while operating a motor vehicle.

But, she skipped the country apparently before the Brits had a chance to interview her. If my reading of the one article is correct, she claimed diplomatic immunity almost immediately.

I think it's rather sad you downplaying this as "just an accident". If the police are able to make their case she was guilty of more than just driving on the wrong side of the road then let her defend herself. She chose to skip the country because maybe she really is guilty of more than just driving on the wrong side of the road.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Wife of an Intel officer w/ diplomatic immunity killed some chav kid.....

....how did they think it was going to work? Did the British actually expect an extradition?

It sucks, I think diplomatic immunity is some cases is horse **** but did anybody expect it wouldn't be exercised?

Probably would have been different if the wife smashed into somebody from the house of lords or something.

P.S. the moms pink hair was a give away for status.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
My comprehension of the meaning of "accident" is quite good thank you very little.

She gets to skate because of diplomatic immunity. Another article I followed up on reported dangerous driving was involved. Given the UK has surveillance cameras about every 50 ft, chance are good they have footage from the accident. And, chances are good they have probable cause above and beyond her driving on the wrong side of the road to charge her with whatever the Brit equivalent of involuntary manslaughter is. You do know in the US, definitely here in AZ, if you are driving on the wrong side of the road and it results in the death of another chances are pretty good you're going to be charged. You also know, I hope, that that few seconds of inattention is all it takes to cause an accident while operating a motor vehicle.

But, she skipped the country apparently before the Brits had a chance to interview her. If my reading of the one article is correct, she claimed diplomatic immunity almost immediately.

I think it's rather sad you downplaying this as "just an accident". If the police are able to make their case she was guilty of more than just driving on the wrong side of the road then let her defend herself. She chose to skip the country because maybe she really is guilty of more than just driving on the wrong side of the road.

Ummm, don’t the brits drive on the left as opposed to the right here? Isn’t it just as likely that which led to the accident?

SNIP

SNIP.

And if that one article is correct. Do I need to explain why I’m not taking MSM at face value anymore?

·
Let the Debate begin
6,374 Posts
Ummm, don’t the brits drive on the left as opposed to the right here? Isn’t it just as likely that which led to the accident?
The Brits and Japs drive on the Left, Americans (of course) drive on
the right. When I was stationed in Japan back in the 90s, every once
in a while I would accidently drive on the right, its a hard habit to
break. But once I came back, I never drove on the left again.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
The Kenyans also drive on the left. Yet in Bahrain I remember it being on the right.

Unlike some I don't rely solely on the US MSM. Sources I referenced are UK-based.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Looks like there will be no justice done for the death of Harry Dunn.
Start driving on the correct side of the road. Then start taking care of your Muslem and alien problems THEN come talk to the US.

GB "justice" system clearly ISN'T.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Travesty of justice. Her being married to someone should not give her license to kill. She should be held accountable. This happened due to her own stupidity. No other way around it. If someone from England come here and runs someone down, no way we would give them a pass because they are used to driving on the other side. They would fry and justifiably so. You are responsible for knowing the laws of the place you are in, and doubly responsible to know the laws of travel before you get into a 3000 pound machine. There is no right to drive. There is a right to not get killed due to someone else's negligence

·
Registered
374 Posts
It's not like the Brits were going to break down the embassy gates and drag her away to be stoned to death. Considering how fast she bugged out, she must have either good connections or some serious pull. Maybe she was another Valerie Plame.

·
Basket of deplorables
2,361 Posts
Travesty of justice. Her being married to someone should not give her license to kill. She should be held accountable. This happened due to her own stupidity. No other way around it. If someone from England come here and runs someone down, no way we would give them a pass because they are used to driving on the other side. They would fry and justifiably so. You are responsible for knowing the laws of the place you are in, and doubly responsible to know the laws of travel before you get into a 3000 pound machine. There is no right to drive. There is a right to not get killed due to someone else's negligence
Either you are trolling or oblivious to how this works. If they have diplomatic immunity it covers them and their entire family. They can commit crimes and not be prosecuted because of it. It happens in every country both ways. Give it a look, it isn't hard. It might not be right but that's the way it works. Here in America we have had plenty of troubles with foreign diplomats drunk driving and crashing, many times maiming and killing our citizens. It's nothing new do a simple search yourself and see. They immediately get diplomatic immunity when they verbally announce it to law enforcement. They automatically have a direct line to our State Dept. and they are either released or State Dept officials are dispatched. Any statements they may have said are automatically not admissible. They get a get out of jail free card. They can drive like complete animals and cannot be held to a minor traffic ticket due to that "Diplomatic immunity"

It's easy to become angry over something like this. it's easy to jump up and down on a public forum like this just like ASSag did. The difference is he did it just to garner a response as this happens all the time. He/She/It does that regularly if you read it's posts. It does not make it right but his government has just as much culpability as that woman who killed that kid does. The end result is nothing will change. It happens all day, every day and the common people pay the price for those diplomats living in all of those countries spreading harmony and unicorn sprinkles without worry of following the law or fear of prosecution short of spying.

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On a personal level I believe the scope of diplomatic protection should be shrunk as it is being abused globally but it’s also disconcerting that we have two apparently allied and friendly nations with a wholly unequal relationship in terms of legal reciprocity.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts