·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The world will soon learn we no longer have a coward in the White House
Well if you are using alternative facts you're correct.

If we are using real world facts, the current administration has some big shoes to fill to catch up to the Obama presidency and Clinton state department when it comes to boming the **** out of the middle east.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,575 Posts
What possible benefit does attacking Syria bring to the US?

I'm all for attacking our enemies, but what did Syria do to us?

What does the US have against Bashar Al Assad?
Great questions. I too am very uneasy about this. It seems shifting alliances in the ME make it hard to verify who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

An admittedly superficial take is that Syria is now supporting ISIS. We ought not act in a war like manner on superficial analysis. So, I hope to hear a presentation on how this is good for my grandchildren's future.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,953 Posts
Great questions. I too am very uneasy about this. It seems shifting alliances in the ME make it hard to verify who are the good guys
The whole thing sucks. Clearly, the Syrian armed forces have been killing their own people. They are not "good guys". And in this case, they bombed the group we are allied with. I'm sure we felt that at some point, it's time to stop taking hits and hit back.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
LETS finish the war in afganistan,No more US troops, 16 years and tptb say we still need to train those afganistan soldiers??????? so they can turn their gun,s on our soldiers training them.USE a few of our MOAB,s take out anything that moves and on our way out destroy all of their poppy fields.LET the mid-east burn, all of it. Only our government believes we have friends over there [ONLY UNTIL THE $ run out] IMO we have very few friends [IF ANY} left in this world.WE are a joke except for our military, they are the best in the world so LETS just turn them loose and last of our military leaving blow up the airport,s and anything else built with blood and treasure from our country. The russians were there for 10 years and got their butt handed to them and [RUSSIAN,s] do not fight a PC war nor do they have rules of engagement. THEY fight to win but we did not learn from [NAM} either fight to win or dont get involved. If we would have cut our troop,s loose to win in NAM, we would not have 58,000 service member,s dead, syria, has nothing we need or want, If the people of syria want a new government it,s up to them not us,
JMO but none of those countries want a democratic government, because for the last thousand years they have been told what to do by the guy with the most gun,s and men. SO BE IT, let RUSSIA and IRAN handle it. IT is none of our buisness. JMO

·
Dios y Tejas
6,689 Posts
............ 16 years and tptb say we still need to train those afganistan soldiers??????? ...........
Jim,
you ever see the movie "The Man who would be King"?
Starring Sean Connery and Micheal Caine.... great Runyard Kipling tale. Anyway one scene is Caine trying to train Afghan tribal people and it is hilarious. My mind jerked to that scene when you typed the above line... :rofl:

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
So we sent weapons and supplies to a Syrian rebel group, and trained them to fight against a secular government. So that when the secular government falls the vacuum can be filled with what? An Islamic state? We are fighting a secular regime that poses no threat to us, and supporting Islamic rebel groups against that secular regime?

Why are any of you supporting and cheering for this? Are you ****ing stupid? Is it literally just because Trump is president? This is an exact repeat of what 0bastard did in Libya? Did you all support 0bastard's actions in toppling Qaddafi and turning Libya into an Islamic terrorist haven?

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
Need more info before i have an opinion.
We are supporting Islamic rebel groups in Syria against a secular regime that posed no threat to us, and when the secular regime attempts to bomb those Islamic rebels, we defenses those Islamic rebels.

It's insane. It's a repeat of Libya. But this time it's Trump in the White House, so we have a bunch of ****ing morons cheering for the ****.

0bama toppling a secular regime in Libya in favor of Islamic rebels is a bad thing.

0bama toppling a secular regime in Syria in favor of Islamic rebels is a bad thing.

(2016 election happens)

Trump toppling a secular regime in Syria in favor of Islamic rebels is a good thing.

Absolutely idiotic.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
The whole thing sucks. Clearly, the Syrian armed forces have been killing their own people. They are not "good guys". And in this case, they bombed the group we are allied with. I'm sure we felt that at some point, it's time to stop taking hits and hit back.
I don't really care. A lot people around the world (including in the US) are killed by their respective government.

And Syria is fighting AGAINST ISIS.

There are no "good guys" or bad guys, just the perspective from where you are sitting.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts