Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Looks like it's on to some degree. Killing one of their top national leaders was pretty much the throw down moment. It's not just proxies anymore. This guy was about the level of a Secretary of State/Secretary of Defense.

What's everyone doing? Should be time to start implementing some actions.

Gas seems the obvious one. Thank goodness this country became self-sustaining on oil and gas prior to this.

Welcome to the war room.
They'll still use this to raise the price of gas. Any reason to make more profit.

·
Grevcon 10
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Economic consequences, and consequences for our military, certainly. But no, Iran's not going to be landing troops in Florida or anything. Doesn't mean there's not room for concern though.

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
Gotta hand it to our guys. They blew those cars to smithereens, but no collateral damage visible at all. Had to ID the "targets" by DNA, it's being reported. And we knew exactly where they were and when.

We can do that stuff. They can't. Therein lies the problem; they'll have to use older tech, and there will be casualties among the innocent. Of course, to them that's a feature, not a bug.

Wonder if they'll try using IEDs in the U.S.A. this time. That's one advantage they have on us - their footsoldiers are willingly suicidal.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I don't think Iran's retaliation will be kinetic, they don't have that ability much outside their immediate region. I think a cyber attack is highly likely, they spend a lot of time and energy building up those sort of asymmetrical capabilities.
You are right though, this is a big deal, this isn't some backwater small terrorist organization leader, this was a very high ranking official from a large and powerful country. Most people don't realize Iran is over three times the size of a rack and we couldn't bring that country under control with 200,000 troops.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,390 Posts
Iran's not going to be landing troops in Florida or anything. Doesn't mean there's not room for concern though.
They have religious followers by the tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) living in America. This is as much a religious war from their prospective as a political war.

Iran has partners......North Korea, Russia, China, etc..

And don't forget the false flag angle. This is an open ticket for any group to take horrific violent action and stage it to appear as Iranian revenge. Even anti-gun groups could use "stolen" AR-15's to commit mass murder, and say, "See......this is another reason we need to get rid of Assault Weapons".

Things could get "wet" in America, especially on soft targets.

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
The Iranians want war. I mean they want a little war. They don’t want a big war because that involves damage to the elites in Iran. They want a war that just takes out some of the common people and helps them crack down on the dissidents who are having a huge effect in Iran currently.

Hopefully trump will maintain his current strategy. It’s working. He can crush them with sanctions and make it so they don’t have the money to fund terror.

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
The Persian dictatorship wants war. I really doubt they have the majority of the population in their side.

Identify the "middle management" of the islamist regime and start pruning it by Hellfire, as Trump just did. The top of the dictatorship pyramid will begin to find that they can't get anything done. Country will be ripe for a successful revolution.

·
reluctant sinner
17,912 Posts
Kim Bong Um isn't going to let this put him out of the spot light.

Tell me how in hours the price of gas at the pumps goes up ten cents, corruption that's how.

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
Just another country to add to the growing list of hell holes the US has created in the Middle East this century.
I suppose you can say that this is the first; if the Peanut Farmer hadn't abandoned the Shah when he did, Iran would be a prosperous beacon of rationality instead of the festering islamic sore that it is now. But that was in the last century, so I guess it doesn't count.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Welp I guess this high level official shouldn't have been some place he shouldn't have been. Seems to me that someone that high on the pecking order would be in his own country. One has to ask themselves what was he doing in iraq to begin with?

Maybe the higher ups in iran decided they wanted to get rid of him and sent him to iraq knowing he'd be blown to smithereens and they accomplish two things, getting rid of him which would give them an excuse to start more crap, in other words using him as a pawn

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
Lotta good commentary and lots of links at Ace of Spades this morning.

http://ace.mu.nu/

Go now, before it gets pushed down the page by later posts.

From Farsi Khameini to our own farce Chris Murphy, there are a lot of people with egg on their face this morning. Funny how not 48 hours ago, Murphy was claiming Trump didn't have the stones to stand up to Iran in the wake of "Trump's Benghazi." Now, Trump is a madman who's hell bent on blundering America into a war. Yeah, no.
At this point, Iran really is backed into a corner and while I dismiss the idiotic, incoherent ravings from the Left, a desperate Iran is bound to strike out in some fashion at us, or Israel or the Saudis across the Gulf. That said, with the elimination of Suleimani, so far, the President is reading the seams on the baseball perfectly and if he does continue to play his cards right, a liberated Iran is entirely possible before next November. I wonder how Ben Rhodes will console himself.
If Ace of Spades isn't the second site you read in the morning (after SB of course) it should be.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts