Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have long been concerned with our financial stability as a country and the the ever increasing debt. I work in the financial industry and have a strong understanding of financial markets and fractional banking. One concerning trend i have watched increase at a quickening pace is our national debt. One of the tools i use to keep up to date I’d the US Debt clock site. They have a tab labeled 2025 budget showdown and it is a very bleak view, but what I cannot find is what is the 2025 trigger they are predicting. Does anyone have any insight of a 2025 budget trigger?

Thank you

·
Registered
726 Posts
Might that be the point when interest payments on the debt become the majority of the annual budget?
don’t know for sure just guessing.
😝

·
Dirt Dweller
466 Posts
I think they just pulled a date in the near future. The debt is like 11 or 12% of total government spending now. With about 70% of the debt being in the the 7 year maturity 5he average interest rate is probably about 2 %. What is going to happen if the ten year goes from today’s 1.34% to 3 let alone 4%? And today Chairman Powell said now is not a time to worry about the debt. I feel sorry for our grand kids.

·
Dirt Dweller
466 Posts
I don’t own crypto currencies but this could be a reason for the rise of this class.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
A negative interest rate would mean that "you" have to pay them to have the bond.
Also your savings account would decrease every month.
Sort of like a stock making you pay a dividend just to own the stock? I don't see a lot of people going for that option.

·
Registered
997 Posts
China will have to call some of our loans. Global inflation by then will force them to. By 2024 the curve (index drop) will be to great and if we are not squared away financially it’ll be a tough road to go down.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
China will have to call some of our loans. Global inflation by then will force them to. By 2024 the curve (index drop) will be to great and if we are not squared away financially it’ll be a tough road to go down.
The US will just pay the loans with more money created.

·
Dirt Dweller
466 Posts
China’s debt holding of US debt is heavily in in the 1 to three year maturity. They only have to decline to roll it over. This could be very quite, not news worthy and just as effective as selling at the market. Unless there are put provisions with the bonds only the issuer can call it. The holder would sell at the market.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
any US Treasuries "dumped" on the market to create a crisis would be purchased immediately by ClearStream and EuroClear... lesser known divisions of the FedResBank.

No crisis unless TPTB want one. They have too much control and power for stuff to just escalate.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The national debt has been one of my main concerns and issues for years right up there with the 2nd Amendment. I remember complaining about it on some old Delphi forums back in 2005. People weren’t concerned then, and not many are concerned now.

Most politicians don’t care. It use to be that Republicans were seen as the financially responsible party. That ship has sailed and Republicans today go along with spending almost as much as Democrats. I liked Trump overall but hated his willingness to add more more to the debt.

It seems like the word Trillion has lost all meaning. Sometimes a junkie has to hit rock bottom before there is a chance at recovery. I am afraid our country will eventually hit a financial crisis unlike any other before there is any chance of a change.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I just can’t wrap my mind around all of the debt , isn’t all the money just totally worthless ?
I mean I price out a construction project that will cost materials , labor over head and I sweat up a number that is Based on these alleged costs , but then the material go’s up and down 30/50% some times on the same day. wtf , at the end of the day it’s impossible to come up with a real value for my time and material over head and o ya profit .
Sooooooo what is the difference if the debt is 25 t or 50 t 100t none of the money is worth any thing ? It’s not real . Arrrrrrr going to bed early before I figure all this out and not like the. Answer

·
Registered
997 Posts
I just can’t wrap my mind around all of the debt , isn’t all the money just totally worthless ?
I mean I price out a construction project that will cost materials , labor over head and I sweat up a number that is Based on these alleged costs , but then the material go’s up and down 30/50% some times on the same day. wtf , at the end of the day it’s impossible to come up with a real value for my time and material over head and o ya profit .
Sooooooo what is the difference if the debt is 25 t or 50 t 100t none of the money is worth any thing ? It’s not real . Arrrrrrr going to bed early before I figure all this out and not like the. Answer
[
It’s paper debt. You don’t see the stacks of hundreds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts