1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Considering that all this new money is printed out of thin air, if any rating agencies did their jobs, they would have cut the rating to "BBB" in 2008 when the financial sector and auto sector asked for handouts. The only reason it isn't lower, is that back then, they had a chance to do the right thing with the money and bring production back to this country. They didn't, instead they chose to artificially buoy stocks and bonds domestically, while betting (and benefiting) Asian currencies, stock and real estate markets.

We would now be at a "D" because we are about to default on a round of interest payments, with no way out other than to print our way out, which is the same as a default.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Lets just get this over with. Lets have S&P, Moody's and Fitch go ahead and drop the rating. Lets have OPEC start over with another currency and lets just get this over with.

The anticipation surrounding this sucks.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
But But, until today we had several trillion in the Social Security fund. They SWORE it! Like 20 more years of funds. Today it's ZERO! Where'd it go Barry???

http://blogs.forbes.com/merrillmatt...-the-2-6-trillion-social-security-trust-fund/
The social security trust fund was raided decades ago. The money was borrowed and IOUs were placed in there instead.

Its been a ponzi scheme ever since. They figured the workforce would grow exponentially, so the incoming SSI contributions were more than enough to fund the retirees.

I guess they didn't foresee that only 66% of eliglible male workers were actually employed in 2010.

Oh well, if they can print a trillion to run a couple of wars, I guess they can print a few bucks to pay a SSI check.

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
It was a pyramid or ponzi from the very start. Numerous people coming in at the bottom/base so that a few could cash out at a time at the top. That's why pyramids and ponzis are illegal - competition. Why did the government go after mafia-based and other loan sharks when they let today's creditors screw people more than ever? Because they broke a leg or someone's face once in a while that didn't pay? Don't pay some of them, a broken leg would be the least of your worries.

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
"the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire....we don't need no water, let the mutha ****er burn. Burn mother ****er burn".....

·
Registered
334 Posts
What would the credit rating be on YOUR business if you behaved financially and fiscally as our govt has ? For that matter,would you still be roaming free,to lay plunder to additional monies that do not belong to you ? What a ridiculous world we live in,that we should be relatively calmly having this discussion,while back at the ranch(DC) the politards are scheming a way to strip yet more money that does not belong to them from the working class while giving themselves a collective pat on the back so to speak for the "Hard Work" of deciding how to waste money they dont have.Welcome to America !

·
Mentally lost....
809 Posts
Accidentalfarmer
Amen. There is no money, only debt. Why do people still think that we have money?

There is no money

There are no courts

There is no constitution

There is no republic

There is no congress

I wish they could just finally admit it for Christ's sake. The US has been bankrupt since 1933, and there has been one world government for as long as most of us have been alive. (Of course by US I mean the corporation that usurped the republic of a similar name over 150 years ago)

Take the red pil.
Id hate to say i agree with him...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Oh well, if they can print a trillion to run a couple of wars, I guess they can print a few bucks to pay a SSI check.
One small problem with this.

The more they print, the more it takes to buy something. Our elected officials are tone deaf to this. FRN's are nothing more than a drug to them and they keep wanting more of it. Typical junkies.

Besides, they are going to have to print up more than just a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
One small problem with this.

The more they print, the more it takes to buy something. Our elected officials are tone deaf to this. FRN's are nothing more than a drug to them and they keep wanting more of it. Typical junkies.

Besides, they are going to have to print up more than just a few bucks.
Yeah, but the choice now is to lose a bit of value at a time, or default and lose a big chunk of buying power all at once.

Its less dramatic to print some checks to keep the game going, and yes the inflation will definitely ratchet up.

Don't know how many more times they can do this before we have to start printing bills with a few more zeros.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts