Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bugged out already
4,833 Posts
Great read and thanks for posting! I have some envy of folks that have been above to go completely off the grid. But articles like this motivate me to keep plugging away at this given limited time and cash.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I started a thread on this a while back: http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=334539

Roscoe was my congressman, I voted for him every election. They made him out to be crazy when he was talking about EMPs but he was way ahead of his time. Finally redistricting (Gerrymandering) which Maryland is famous for made sure he would not be re-elected. He now lives off grid in WV with his family.

A man truly ahead of his time!

·
off-grid organic farmer
24,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I started a thread on this a while back: http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=334539

Roscoe was my congressman, I voted for him every election. They made him out to be crazy when he was talking about EMPs but he was way ahead of his time. Finally redistricting (Gerrymandering) which Maryland is famous for made sure he would not be re-elected. He now lives off grid in WV with his family.

A man truly ahead of his time!
Oops, sorry about that

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
We are overdue for a massive CME from the sun, if we get blasted full-on our electrical grid is toast because no one in Congress is interested in spending the money to harden the country's electrical grid. It'll be lights out and they won't be coming back on for several years, it takes approximately two years to build the transformers we would need to get it back up and running, and the real kicker is they aren't made in the US, so we'd get put on a waiting list...

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
When smart people gain access to the secrets of our society. Sometimes it scares the heck out of them.
AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY COMBAT VETERANS ARE DIFFERENT AND THE MAJORITY EVEN FAMILY USUALLY ONLY ASK US ONCE WHAT WE THINK AND THEN THEY NEVER DO AGAIN THEY JUST DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT, BUT THEY BELIEVE THE NEWS MEDIA AND POLITICIANS.:confused::eek::(

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY COMBAT VETERANS ARE DIFFERENT AND THE MAJORITY EVEN FAMILY USUALLY ONLY ASK US ONCE WHAT WE THINK AND THEN THEY NEVER DO AGAIN THEY JUST DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT, BUT THEY BELIEVE THE NEWS MEDIA AND POLITICIANS.:confused::eek::(
"Reality sucks" sums it up pretty well.

Some learn to deal with it and be happy, others decide to be ignorant, oblivious and happy*

*Until something 'bad' happens.

·
Clueless
646 Posts
"You know," he said after a pause, "the news now is like a soap opera. If you miss it for a week, you haven't missed much."
Now that's the truth. :thumb:

I always liked Roscoe and am glad to see he's doing well.

But he was a Republican in Maryland and that's like a fart in a thunderstorm.

And in Maryland we should replace "Maryland is for crabs." with "Maryland is for Gerrymandering." :eek::

They sure tax enough but I sure don't feel represented.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The Republican Governor of MD is trying to put an end to Gerrymandering but has an uphill battle against the Democrat majority who will do anything to maintain power. The Governor wants to put redistricting into the hands of an 11 member independent commission.

Check out the 3rd District on the map in this article. The red is in the district which spans 4 counties and Baltimore City!

http://washingtonjewishweek.com/29002/gov-hogan-calls-for-constitutional-change-to-eliminate-gerrymandering/news/

·
Clueless
646 Posts
Great link my friend. :thumb:

“For too long, fair elections and a healthy, strong, and competitive two-party system have been nearly impossible in our state,”
Oh so true.

"Federal standards require congressional districts to be contiguous, compact and proportional. States draw up the districts."

Seems MD. says Federal standards be damned. And when corrupt States draw the lines you know what happens. ;)

“Most people don’t care about one party or the other. They care about their congressman being responsible and accountable.”
And that doesn't happen very often in MD.

Goff said that the Maryland General Assembly cares more about “preserving their advantage in [Congress]” than representing the people, and that can be seen in the geographic boundaries of some districts.

They even admit it. :eek:

How can anyone call the map in your link contiguous?
Only a democrat from MD. can.

Mr. Hogan has his work cut out for him and I wish him well in his efforts.

But being a life long resident of MD. causes me to have my doubts. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.