Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across an ad for the US Civil Flag and thought at first it was some leftist claptrap bogus bs thing.

then I found this article:

The article is from 2011, but still I find interesting.

Flag Rectangle Line Font Flag of the united states

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting given that 4 USC Section 1 was passed in 1947.

Positive Law; Citation
This title has been made positive law by section 1 of act July 30, 1947, ch. 389, 61 Stat. 641, which provided in part that:
“title 4 of the United States Code, entitled ‘Flag and seal, Seat of Government, and the States’, is codified and enacted into positive law and may be cited as ‘4 U. S. C., § —’ ”.
Repeals
Section 2 of act July 30, 1947, provided that the sections or parts thereof of the Statutes at Large or the Revised Statutes covering provisions codified in this Act are repealed insofar as the provisions appeared in former Title 4, and provided that any rights or liabilities now existing under the repealed sections or parts thereof shall not be affected by the repeal.

U.S. Code: Title 4 | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you notice, the Coast Guard flew the Civil flag prior to the '40's. Because the Coast Guard was non-military. A Coast Guard ship and crew could legally board a foreign flagged vessel without incident. A U.S Navy warship, flying the Battle Flag, would be an act of war.
I vaguely remember that from civics class.

(1980's to you young whipper snappers who wasn't taught jack.)

I knew there were other flags, but the intent and use was unknown to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts