Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the handiness of the 5.56 ammo bandoliers. Where do you get them (w/o ammo)? Has anyone tried to stuff SKS ammo on clips in them?

IT would loose some stuffing capacity, but one or two of those 50 cal tins with them in there like that would be ideal.

·
Just a rock & spear guy
1,333 Posts
OldSargesDropZone.com

The link is to their AK/SKS page. Stripper clips & re-pack kits. Bandoleer's of all kinds abound on that site, just look around.

They used to have a great deal on a baker's dozen bandoleer kit I've bought more than a few things from them.

Good people, fast shipping.

Gronk gives a :thumb:

·
Why is the Rum gone?
4,774 Posts
Several years ago, there was an army surplus store that was going out of business here.
I picked up a garbage bag stuffed full of the seven pocket bandoleers for $20.00.
I have about forty of them full of AR ammo on stripper clips now.
I took several of them, undid all the seams and sewed them together to make a few seven pocket AR magazine bandoleers.
If I ever get my handloading caught up, I'll probably fill the rest of the bandoleers up.
Like you said, they're real handy.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they fit loosely or tight. also, how secure are the bandoliers. Can they fall out by accident? How are they to open?

With the M16/AR speed isn't much of an issue because you have to reload mags. But, with the SKS or Garand they're being directly reloaded. Not really interested in the Chinese chest bandoliers. I have a pouch that holds 3 stripper clips on a belt.

·
Registered
848 Posts
maybe if you have a sewing machine you could try to make your own ... use some sort of heavy canvas ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts