Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you urban guys, please help me out. My husband works in a field where he would stick out carrying a backpack. He has a couple of briefcases, but now that messenger type bags are being carried by guys, I'd like to get him one, but it has to look masculine. It's just for normal work related paperwork, an iPod, and a couple of safety/survival items. Something he can comfortably wear over his shoulder instead of a traditional hand-held briefcase. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Get him a timbuk2 messenger bag. Pick good colors!! There are about 5 different sizes of that particular bag, some with laptop sleeves. There are other cool, ok bags out there, one with cabling and locks which is very good for a guy (pacsafe, exomesh). Keen is trying to get in the market but has a really feminine looking product.

·
Pursuing freedom.
296 Posts
I ordered a Bed Stu Hawkeye from bagsbuy.com. It is normally $50, but they have it on sale for 10% off, and free shipping. My total delivered price was $39.96.

I will be using it for bushcrafting, which is carrying exactly what you are saying.

If I remember correctly, the bag is 12" wide x 10" tall x 6" deep. It is oil cloth so will be somewhat waterproof, although you can always treat it for that.

http://www.bagsbuy.com/bed-stu-hawkeye/247255

·
Leave Me Alone
434 Posts
Try onesourcetactical.com at the Suarez International training site. Click on the bags and view the "Sneaky Bags" and the "Civil Defense Bags" They look like regular camera and messenger bags, but are designed for office and survival/ bug-out use. I have one of each of the above geared out, but have one civil defense bag I use for everyday stuff like a laptop, IPOD, my Calander/ Agenda. Very sturdy and strong.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, guys.

I'm still looking, so I wanted to mention some brands. Trager and Eagle Creek. I've travelled with Eagle Creek before, and they have great organizational panels. I'm not sure about one for my husband, though. The Trager saddle bag makes a great canvas and leather soft sided briefcase. Unfortunately, I don't see anything as small as I would like.

So far, I think the Australian Bag Outfitters products look great for the guy who has to dress nice, and needs to carry a sharp looking bag.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.