Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These may be obvious for a lot of us, but they might help some newcommers.

DO NOT...

1.Leave your home or bug-in loc. carrying a long gun. If any cops are still around, they will arrest you and steal your firearms (Katrina proved that). Have a hi-cap 9 or .45 pistol and a .22 pistol for defense and small animal foraging.

2. Store food types that take water to prepare. In fact, store can goosa that are packed in water. This will supplement your drinking water supply.

3. Tell anyone that you are prepping unless they are part of your support group.

4. Prep yourself to the poor house. Shoot for 30 days worth. 98% percent of SHTFs will be weather related or other short-term events.

Everyone feel free to add to the list for the benefit of others. Let's try not to critique anyones list as everybody has varied opinions on this subject.

:)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Do not:
5. forget to test your generator at least once a month.
6. allow your inlaws to move in with you after the SHTF.
7.forget to rotate your water supply, just to keep it fresh.
8. forget to vote in November.
How exactly do you prevent #6 from happening? "Sorry babe, I know your mom is dying of thirst, but we're all locked down here." :confused:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
how bout " what Hun?...uh..nope.. I haven't seen hide nor hair of your mom...what?..that shovel in the corner and the mud on my boots?..oh..that's ummm.....hey!...who wants BBQ?! "

:eek:
Tempting sometimes. Although, my mother-in-law makes some of the best ribs I've ever had. We'll have BBQ first, then dig a hole! :D:

·
Why is the Rum gone?
4,774 Posts
How exactly do you prevent #6 from happening? "Sorry babe, I know your mom is dying of thirst, but we're all locked down here." :confused:
You might try that.

It is apparent that you have never had MY inlaws just taking up space and gobbling down your food after the SHTF.
Been through that once and that is enough.
And I did have the "talk" with Mrs. AV8R about that subject.
They ain't coming...

If you like your inlaws, by all means bring them in.
I don't and I won't!

·
Registered
430 Posts
When you have a snowstorm that knocks out the power for a week and nobody can get to the store, don't tell or share with your neighbor (that's stuck at her home with her kids and grandkids and no preps) that you've got a couple cartons of shelf stable milk you can share, because then they'll be mooching every day when they use it all up at once.. Yes, I learned my lesson.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts