Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread talks about being a grey man, someone who just blends in.

Women have a few extra bells and whistles to think about than men do. Here are some things I thought might be worth considering, but I'm sure there are more:

- wear you hair in a way you never do in public [I have long hair and I rarely wear it pulled back in a ponytail, for example]

- wear clothes that disguise your shape [like baggy sweats and tops]

- If you always wear makeup, don't wear it where you wouldn't want to be remembered. Changes your appearance considerably; think of actresses on the cover of US or THEM or whatever magazine - 'look how funky she looks without all that makeup' articles

What else can women do to grey themselves up/down?

·
Banned
647 Posts
Back in the day, when I used to take long road trips where I would be driving at night, I would wear a ball cap with my hair all tucked up inside it, and I also had a huge toy stuffed German Shepard dog (my uncle won for me at the fair) in the back seat. As a silhouette at night, it looked amazingly real:D:

Good ideas Browser Cat.

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
I think how you carry yourself would play a role too. you do not want to "walk like a girl". both genders will want to avoid calling attention to themselves by hurrying or appearing spooked or guilty.

sunglasses are a must but get plane ones, not the big things that are in fashion today. stay away from clothing, accessories, electronics, and stuff that looks expensive. white iPod headphones are known as "mug-me brand".

baggy clothes to help hide your curves is good but camouflage is about blending in with the surroundings. sweats my make you stick out depending on the area. you also should stay away from anything that will make you look like the local criminal element.

oh... and carry a little dog in a bag!

·
Registered
346 Posts
For some neighborhood Bag Lady is good, Drab colors help blend with the urban background. Actually try not moving around as much as you can and still get done with what you are doing . Same goes for the auto . Check your self out before you leave your safe area make sure you are not flashing any thing better covered up.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
My friend HOG has a way with Pictures. Seriously, consider the same thing for women that you would for a man. Don't show jewelry. Wear a cheap watch. Wear some Dickies type of uniform clothing with good walking shoes black. Have a smock with you that makes you look like you clean buildings. Most people have a thing about the cleaning people. The truth is the cleaning people usually have two to three jobs to support their loved ones and are some of the best folks you will know in a downtown area. Keep colors low key and cover limbs and chest.

·
Crazy old man
1,286 Posts
Hog where did you get those pics of my wife. Now everyone knows what :eek:she looks like when she first gets up, then after 2 hrs in the bathroom.:D:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts