Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the UPS guy delivered a package. I asked him if he saw a lot of packages like this. These companies have their name all across the box like Emergency Essentials and such. He shook his head and said, "You have no idea!" Has anyone thought that UPS/Fedex delivery guys know who has preps of food and/or ammo and may come for it if SHTF and he needs to take care of his family?

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
That’s why you use a UPS store mail drop or have it delivered to your business or just pick it up at the UPS warehouse.

If you plan on bugging out then it wont matter you wont be there, and neither will your preps, when the SHTF anyway.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
The packages I receive at home are all non-descript without a company name on them. I get my packages remailed from a trusted source ;)
yes I have heard those male enhancement and bladder control products come in a plain brown wrapper...... :D:

Just kidding,

Welcome to the boards. :thumb:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had an ammo order delivered by a fed ex driver from the CMP. About 2 weeks later he called at 9:00 PM and asked me to not shoot him when he made a delivery. I told him that it was a good idea to make that call at that time of night as it sounded like WW3 on nice spring days around here.

·
Y2K Veteran
274 Posts
Last time I saw my UPS guy delivering me another case of ammo, I told him, "one more case coming, then a box of auto parts, then I'm done for a while..." and he just chuckled.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
my friend is a UPS driver. He told me about all the prepping supplies he sees and of course the crates of ammo he has to move. I am not too concerned about the delivery guys. The will have to take care of their folks too when things go bad.

·
Registered
530 Posts
We've been having a lot of deliveries the past couple months and one of the deliverymen made a comment about how much stuff we are getting. My wife gave a reply that I thought was genius; something along the lines of we have our own local distrubution business. He just replied with an acceptable "Oh!"

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,888 Posts
My UPS man delivered my Aquapod last week; darned packaging says right on it "emergency home water supply" or some such.

I've got an order coming from Emergency Essentials but I've specified nondescript packaging.

Reactions: NiraBlue

·
Registered
905 Posts
Today the UPS guy delivered a package. I asked him if he saw a lot of packages like this. These companies have their name all across the box like Emergency Essentials and such. He shook his head and said, "You have no idea!" Has anyone thought that UPS/Fedex delivery guys know who has preps of food and/or ammo and may come for it if SHTF and he needs to take care of his family?
Yes, I've considered it. But since I own my own business, I have the luxury of having things delivered to my store, and then I can bring it home (over 10 miles away).

Of course, not everyone can have preps delivered to work, so the UPS person could be a problem. Not because they are going to steal from you, but because loose lips sink ships...

·
Registered
338 Posts
I doubt the UPS guy will care much really. I used to work unloading and seasonal deliveries. "We" (as a former employee of UPS) may know what goes where, but we have our own to attend to.

·
I am Jody
2,203 Posts
I live in a smallish town in Nebraska about 40K people, most everyone knows their neighbors and co-workers. I'm active in the church, Vol. Fire Dept. Red Cross SAR team, local politics, and coaching soccer/wrestling...So alot of people know me. I order lots of milsurp off of ebay for a friend that does museum displays all over the country. Everyday I get atleast two to three packages with milsurp of some sort from FEDEX, UPS, and USPS so I know the guys that deliver.

A couple of weeks ago Matt the USPS carrier dropped of a couple of packages that had been crushed and the contents could be seen. Matt asked"Whats with all the military stuff?" I answered in a monotone voice"Matt I'am getting ready for the revolution". Now, we no longer talk about packages ANYMORE!

·
Blessed
648 Posts
This has nothing to do with UPS (even though they did deliver 2 packages last night) but we went to CVS and bought 3 cases of water and 3 - 12 roll packs of TP. The clerk asked us if we knew something she didn't :)

We just told her we stocked up on sale ads. Back to the UPS drivers, they can hardly find their way to my house and they always deliver at 9pm. I usually find my packages when I wake up.

Suzanne

·
Giblet Head
771 Posts
I'd be more worried if the USPS worker (aka GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE) was delivering my stuff to my house, and knew and could be reporting what I'm getting.

...Not that I'm getting anything...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts