Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on Amazon and bought 2 new books.

Survival Theory

The Ultimate Survival Manual (Outdoor Life): 333 Skills that Will Get You Out Alive

Both look pretty good from preview. (Have to wait on the Outdoor Life one to arrive though because it's only in paper format.)

Any other relatively new books out there worth finding?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump Update

Had some time to read these some and skim all the way through.

The Ultimate Survival Manual (Outdoor Life), is a very cool format. It is not much depth on most topics. Pretty much a lot of tips. A lottt of tips on all kinds of stuff. I have to say a lot is handy info. Just not necessarily high detail or anything. Good for the beginner and maybe the well rounded prepper.

Survival Theory, is a lot of hardcore survival and paramilitary info. You can tell it was written by somebody that instructed somewhere. It's like a military manual that has personal experience between the lines. A lot of great info you may overlook...like having current medical manuals, how to thuroughly plan, all kinds of info that makes the reader stop and think awhile.

All that said, the Outdoor Life book made me decide to buy The Total Outdoorsman Manual (Field & Stream) too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts