Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give everyone some information on the next updates for the website, a couple of these I am excited about.

The Social Groups Section is really going to be changed up. This is one change I am excited about.

Each social group will be its own forum. Instead of all the post being on the main page of the group like it is now, people will be able to start threads in the social group, just like a thread in the main forum. And members of that group will be able to post replies to the thread.

From what I understand, members will be able to subscribe to the social groups so they can receive email updates when new post and threads are submitted.

All of these request for new forum sections can now be handled through the Social Groups. The possibilities are almost unlimited once this comes about. We will have the main forum home page, with a couple of hundred "forums" in the social groups section.

As to "when" the updates will be released for me to install them - I do not know.

·
under prepared patriot
333 Posts
cool, thanks Kev!

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is frak'n awesome kev! i really disliked the way the group posting was set up
Yea, a lot of people complained about the way groups were set up. But keep in mind, this was the first release.

In the future look for groups to become a forum section of their own, with their own personality.

A couple of things will not change:

Only Moderators and VIP members will be able to create groups

Unregistered guest will not be able to view the groups.

·
A friend of the Site
1,966 Posts
That sounds exactly like a community, this is very cool

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Wow. This will be a nice change. I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: Paulycracker

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Very cool, because it's hard to follow how it is. It's a nice start, but I'm glad to see a bit of change on layout. Nicely done as always Kev.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts