Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) After suffering with this 870 express I took it back to the gun shop and exchanged it for another brand new 870 express.
Guess what . . . same problem as the first. It jammed on the 3rd shot. I took it right back to the gun shop and demanded a refund,which I got.
The next day I went to another gun shop and bought a used Remington Wingmaster.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!
Since last week I must have put 250 rounds through it without a single jam. The action is smoother and easier. I am using the same ammo as before.
With that said it had to be faulty workmanship or lack of QC with those 870's. I know I haven't changed.
I luv my new (used) Wingmaster. :)

·
Shooter
429 Posts
That change is to be expected. Wingmasters are basically better quality 870's with polished bluing and glossy wood finishing for the stock. They are supposed to be smoother and have easier actions. Kinda sucks that they never actually fixed your other one though. I have a buddy that is going through the same thing with his 870. I think its sent out right now. We'll see what happens there......

Glad you got a working shotty now though. There is no reason someone should have to deal with a non-working 12 guage, of any kind......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear about your 870 express and the problems you had with it. I just bought an 870 express, same as yours, and have had only slight problems with it. Only problem being twice I had to use a bit of force to get the fore grip to slide down and eject a spent round. That was about 100 shots ago though, no problems since. Perhaps it was just a bad batch of guns by Remington? Who knows :confused:

Good to hear about your wingmaster though, had I read more about shotguns and Remington's product line, I would've saved an extra week or so and bought a wingmaster myself. But I love my 870 express, being the first shotgun I've ever bought, I will take supreme care of it.

·
In Bat Country
1,465 Posts
I heard that a production line had a miss-calibration in production, jamming/missfeeding problems are almost universal with a certain run… read it last year while researching to buy

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hmmmmmm

I have owned a 870 Express for years now, and have never had the thing jamb. It sounds like Remington has made some kind of change that is causing this. I love my Express, good luck to all that have problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts