Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,686 Posts
NICE.. Should have been doing video of it and then get a bit on DIY channel or some of those others to show how fast and well it can be done. (y) (y) (y)

WAAAYYYY back when my father had a small construction company and his "specialty
was building cabins up north in the woods. He would buy a piece of ground, split it up and then offer cabins for people and they could get one with rough wire and plumbing done along with interior walls studded up so they could finish them up on their own.The well and septic would already be in and hooked up along with electrical to the box. (this is where I learned to wire and plumb) OR, they could do a TURN KEY with everything done so they could just move in or anything in between, everything was negotiable.

Anyway, the cabins were all 24'x24' AND at that time that was all they built. They got so good at it they could have 5 closed in within a week and if someone needed a special rush done, we could literally turn out a TURN KEY in 5 days.
It was down to a real science. Amazing how fast you can throw up a simple straight forward design and you have talented people around.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
1,761 Posts
30, I know the general area where you are, and boy, property prices are thru the roof these days aren't they? You did good buying that land years ago.

Congratulations, very impressive, and a very nice house. I like the layout, seems like it would be easy to heat and cool.

·
Rebel Scum
1,552 Posts
My ex wife lost her house to fire last spring. They lost everything. luckily it was my week with the kids it has been a hell of a hard time for her. they rented and the landlord would not get a exterminator for the rats. they chewed wires and bam. the insurance company is trying to say she started it because where the fire started was near a monitor heater . Had been fixed 3 months before for leaking and they said they could see stains from it. she's crazy but not like that lol. I'm glad you got back on your feet so fast. oh just incase anyone ask the fire Marshall said it was rats he said while it was burning rats the size of small dogs were coming out of the under pinning. (they live beside a creek).

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Well done, 30 Pack! You are an inspiration. Your new house looks so cozy. I have forgotten from your post when it it went down, but how did the fire start?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I just saw this, wow. Great, job, why don’t you run for President?
Lol. I'm not old enough. I've actually been told by several people they would like me to run for state representative.

But I'm not ready to be assassinated. If you think liberals hated Trump, they would surely hate me worse.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well done, 30 Pack! You are an inspiration. Your new house looks so cozy. I have forgotten from your post when it it went down, but how did the fire start?
The official cause was undetermined. If I had to guess, I think a space heater kicked on and shorted out aluminum wiring in the wall. I've had a plug or two give me problems in the past.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts