Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Still looking for more than rumors, but found this story this evening on CFP. Unfortunately may be doing a disservice... DFW is in the midst of what was a hurricane, so truly the 'weather' could be causing flight delays. Both American and Southwest are DFW-heavy, so this weather could truly be the culprit this time... or a sickout could be occurring (less likely):

Definitely weather there right know (tornados in OK) . Not last week. Our "state" ferry system has been canceling sailings because of staffing. The official line was that it had nothing to do with mandate protests. Tonight the local news finally confirmed with the ferry workers that it is because of vax mandate sickout. So I'm more inclined to believe that until tonight's weather the airlines crews are a sickout as well.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
10,662 Posts

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
10,662 Posts
In the end,90% of people are self serving…Union members talk large trash about being independent and strong but allow the leadership to do everything for the dim platform….its a known fact that w/o union backing dims would have to have started stealing elections years ago..
No one is going to strike if it affects their bottom line…not condemning..just stating facts…Looks like the same ratio of willing strikers as the gun owners who will actively resist confiscation…90% will mimic John Candy in Stripes..” thats it, pass those guns up here…there you go”

·
What... me worry??
397 Posts
This is more of the same-old-same-old. Last time they raised tolls on the NJ Turnpike, the truckers were going to 1) boycott the NJTP 2) drive 55mph on I-295 (which parallels the NJTP a LONG way). It lasted a couple, maybe 3 days, with marginal compliance by the truckers. This could have made the whole NE a royal mess with gridlocked traffic.

Impact: traffic sucked a little worse than usual on I295... meh.

·
Premium Member
13,038 Posts
Not when all the stores run out of food everywhere if there is a widespread truck, rail and dockworker strike. National guard, military won't be able to mobilize before it gets bad
It's been my experience that civilized folks by and large won't act uncivilized even in extreme situations. However I don't hold to that but rather take some comfort in knowing my surroundings and those living around me.
What happens, happens.

·
Premium Member
13,038 Posts
Strike Strike Strike, Oh... i don't work for JD.. guess I got caught up in the moment 😁

41 - 50 of 50 Posts