Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is an unlikely place to buy preps-Bed, Bath and Beyond. Just got a flyer, prices good til May 24, 2010. They have an LED battery lantern for $9.99. We have one and it's great for indoors or out. Although battery operated, they seem to last a very long time. They also have yard torches for $6.99 and a Topsy turvey tomato planter for $9.99. My neighbor says they work great.
Also Yankee candles (only candles I know that are safe to burn about pet birds) are on sale, PLUS if you buy $20 worth, you get a $7.99 4 pack of smaller candles, I'm thinking of a vehicle emergency bag. Since they're in glass, maybe too heavy for a BOB, but in a car you only burn a candle for 10-15 minutes so lessens any danger of the glass getting too hot.

AND...There's a coupon on the back for $5 off any $15 purchase. Hit your neighbors up for their flyers, good way to start a conversation. "What are YOU buying at Bed, Bath and Beyond?" "Oh. some emergency lighting in case the power goes out during these bad summer storms."
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
34,061 Posts
This is an unlikely place to buy preps-Bed, Bath and Beyond. Just got a flyer, prices good til May 24, 2010. They have an LED battery lantern for $9.99. We have one and it's great for indoors or out. Although battery operated, they seem to last a very long time. They also have yard torches for $6.99 and a Topsy turvey tomato planter for $9.99. My neighbor says they work great.
Also Yankee candles (only candles I know that are safe to burn about pet birds) are on sale, PLUS if you buy $20 worth, you get a $7.99 4 pack of smaller candles, I'm thinking of a vehicle emergency bag. Since they're in glass, maybe too heavy for a BOB, but in a car you only burn a candle for 10-15 minutes so lessens any danger of the glass getting too hot.

AND...There's a coupon on the back for $5 off any $15 purchase. Hit your neighbors up for their flyers, good way to start a conversation. "What are YOU buying at Bed, Bath and Beyond?" "Oh. some emergency lighting in case the power goes out during these bad summer storms."
Edit/Delete Message
My DW loves that place, they send her coupons like crazy and she "Feels" she must use them or it's a waste...lol!

IIRC, will have got some preps of some type from there

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
You can use multiple coupons on your purchases there too. They will also take expired coupons. It is a good place to save lots of money. They have decent everyday living items as well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Uh oh; I went to BBB a few years back... my wife "just wanted to look around" an hour later the kingsized comforter ONLY cost me about $740... "because it was on-sale".

To this day my wife justifies the purchase based on all the money "she saved"... oh well she didn't save any money when she bought me a BENELLI for my birthday AND I REALLY NEEDED THAT SHOTGUN!

If we bug out that comforter is not going to be left behind anymore than the Bennelli.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They have some good items when on sale and with their coupons of 20% off. But you have to know your pricing. There are lots of items that are way over priced. If you are looking for something you saw on the t.v. they carry a lot of those items too. A few good prepping items a lot of not really needed items. Shop with caution!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.