Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Gone Galt
22,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
University of Texas dean to quit over gun law
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35673426

"I thought I would be responsible for enforcing a law I don't believe in," said Mr Steiner, who has been at the school since 2001. He says he plans to return to the University of Pennsylvania, but not until the law is passed in August."

·
Bad Moon Rising
9,061 Posts
It's sort of amazing, actually, this attitude of "It can't happen here".

40 years ago? I may have agreed that firearms have no place in a University classroom. But in 2016? Given Virginia Tech, school shootings in High Schools across the US, and the mass shootings at the Oregon Community College a few months ago?

Any university administrator would have to be willfully blind and ignorant, irrationally engaging in magical thinking, to insist that such an event could not happen at their university.

And people who delude themselves with magical thinking don't need to be running universities in 2016.

We don't live in Mayberry any more, Andy ain't the Sheriff, and Opie gone bad.

·
Jihaadi GoBOOM
5,365 Posts
Like I said to my ex wife's lawyer. And thank you for leaving, bitch.

Let's do some math today in class kids.

How many crazy people have shot up schools where the school was a GUN FREE KILL ZONE?

Compare that with how many schools have had whacko shooters WHERE CONCEALED CARRY IS PERMITTED and a large number carry.

Some internet savvy person look up the ratio. I'd bet 50 to 1 or better. Maybe 100 to 1...

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,718 Posts
He was a carpetbagger anyway.

It's time he was sent packing. He teaches agriculture. I'm sure we can find someone at the real agriculture school, A&M, to switch schools and teach the young farmers.

Seriously, a guy who teaches farming and is scared of guns? What was he growing? Tulips?

·
Super Moderator
20,674 Posts
staff at the University of Houston have warned professors there to be careful discussing sensitive topics and drop them from the curriculum if they "sense anger" from students who may be armed.
Geez, what is wrong with these people? I hope all these liberals go back to where they belong...out of TX

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,574 Posts

It's time he was sent packing. He teaches agriculture. I'm sure we can find someone at the real agriculture school, A&M, to switch schools and teach the young farmers.

Seriously, a guy who teaches farming and is scared of guns? What was he growing? Tulips?
Yeah, and those tu lips of his spread a lot of "fertilizer."

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
14,147 Posts

Yeah, and those tu lips of his spread a lot of "fertilizer."
Haha.....

If he's a professor at UT.....

He's planting tu lips not growing tulips :eek:

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
Well, unfortunately UT is another liberal bastion and it doesn't bother me at all that he is leaving and others are whining. I also noticed that instructors at UH have been told not to discuss "sensitive" topics if they detect anger among the students. That just might be an unintended benefit of the gun law.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.