1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNDERSTANDING AND SURVIVING MARTIAL LAW MANUAL
This is available online for $60.00
http://www.martiallawsurvival.com/

Has anyone purchased this or know much about it? I want to know if it is worthwhile or just a waste of time and money.

My line of thinking is that there will be a financial/dollar collapse, EMP or martial law as a SHTF scenario. Of course there can be others but these are my top three suspects

If we get hit by an EMP (Iran) it will take us back to the early 1900's (maybe not such a bad livable situation). Water will be the biggest concern after a few weeks. Other processes will slowly come back into play - assuming we are not attacked by a foreign force like China or Russia afterwards. Or even that little prick in Venezuela.

A dollar collapse will be devastating to the less fortunate and the foolish among us and spur resentment, hatred and gang violence. Rioting, looting and mob rule will be the game plan - anarchy for months - until the Amero is put into circulation.

Martial Law will be carried out by government jackboot thugs, gestapo/brown shirts style enforcement. pitting neighbor against neighbor and internment camps. Rationing for all but the elites and useful idiots/snitches.
Private or Paramilitary forces will be used instead of regular police. Step in line or get beat down.

Welcome to the New World Order

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Thanks, I checked that out and there is no information there.
Seems Harold has possibly gone off the deep end.
I haven't checked the site for about a year- guess I'd better see what's going on. Something happened to Harold???? Maybe he got abducted by the blackbooted thugs he was telling us how to get along with.

·
Not what I appear to be
2,174 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me. This is Solutions from Science, the same fine folks that promote the survival seed bank stuff. They have no idea what will grow in your area.
Buy more ammo, not their book.

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. There's so much information online for free, and while I can respect people who are looking to make a buck, if I really wanted to inform people about something because I care about their well being, I can't see myself charging someone $60 for it.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thought too. I know there is a lot of free information on the web but sifting thru it all is a daunting task at times. I was just hoping (being lazy) that there was something worthwhile without all the fluff and at times obvious crap. This site alone is invaluable but overwhelming in it's depth of information. So much to take in.

$60.00 will buy me a nice dutch oven, or two :)

Common sense does indeed go a long way, it's a shame more people don't use it.

·
Permaculturist
1,032 Posts
Listen to Michael Badnarik's archive from Friday, June 13, 2008 located here. It features a debate between Mark Koernke of the Intelligence Report (www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com) & Joyce from survive martial law .com .

http://mp3.wtprn.com/Badnarik08.html

wtprn.com said:
Program #295 Cohosts:
Joyce Williams (for Harold Williams) of SurviveMartialLaw.com You can call 866-644-1933 for more information.
Mark Koernke, former officer in Military Intelligence and currently the host of The Intelligence Report here on WTPRN.com, weekdays from 5:00pm to 6:00pm

(SPECIAL EDITION: This is the highly anticipated discussion on a very controversial topic. Many thanks to my cohosts and callers for their polite and dignified discourse.)
FIREARMS FRIDAY! The Big Debate! What is the proper response to Martial Law?
http://mp3.wtprn.com/Badnarik/0806/20080613_Fri_Badnarik1.mp3

http://mp3.wtprn.com/Badnarik/0806/20080613_Fri_Badnarik2.mp3

After hearing this debate (rife with technical difficulties), I concluded that the survive martial law .com people are full of bunk. What do you think?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Speaking from bitter experience, here are a few tips on the subject: pay cash for your stash; do not supply your stash from a membership-based retailer like Costco because they have a record of your purchases; cache it NOW, some close at hand, some at your bug-out

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Speaking from bitter experience, here are a few tips on the subject: pay cash for your stash; do not supply your stash from a membership-based retailer like Costco because they have a record of your purchases; cache it NOW, some close at hand, some at your bug-out

What "bitter experience" are you speaking from ? I can see the possible benefit from owning off-the-books firearms, but exactly who is going to be going through all the Sams memberships to see who bought 500 pounds of rice and pasta last year?

·
VA / NC
12,688 Posts
What "bitter experience" are you speaking from ? I can see the possible benefit from owning off-the-books firearms, but exactly who is going to be going through all the Sams memberships to see who bought 500 pounds of rice and pasta last year?
Exactly. Things fall apart or if there is enough going on to declare martial law, things like checking the amount of food one has will be the last thing on the feds mind.

Consider that in a nationwide problem, there will be such problems as even getting someone to enforce such actions. Everyone likes to look at New Orleans as an example. Look how many problems existed with one area, then compound that by 1000.

How long will LEOs stay? Look how many left their jobs in New Orleans. How many would stay if the event had no end in sight? Would you leave your family at the mercy of these roaming bands taking advantage of the situation? How about National Guard or even the military? These are all people too and not a bunch of "robo cops."

We can not seem to stop drugs and illegals from entering the country - hopw in the heck will they control an entire country, let along take the time to see how many packs of this or that you have purchased over the last few years.

Martial Law would only be a step to try and keep things under control since the ability to contact judges, magistrates, and yes even LEOs would be impossible. Basically it just skips portions of the legal system, and I do not use just lightly, but just something that would have to be done.

As far as an invasion, I don't really see that happening either. I think the world is basically one massive economy tied through investments and world banking etc. Everyone would be facing the same problems. Besides, there would always be at least one person to "push the button" if needed, and thats one thing no country wants coming there way with everything else going on. Plus both China and Russia have internal problems, and an invasion of the US would weaken their military allowing these internal forces to cause a problem. If the Russians couldn't hold Afganistan, they would not have a hope here.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Martial Law nationwide will never work. Katrina was an exhample where outside LEO's and National Guard were brought into a small area. If a national event happened, or more likely an international crash, existing forces are just too limited and will probally be used to secure places of control and communications along with infrastructure assets. Also expect a fairly large "Blue Flu" outbreak if the emergency lasts longer that 72 hours, as LEO's stay home to protect their familys and homes. Private security forces are just that, paid to protect assets by corporate and private persons, or in the case of nuclear plants, under Goverment contract. Most have at most a few hundred employes, and most of those are support and tech people. All Martial law means is that you had better be prepared to join with your neighbors and defend your communitie/neighborhood while your local Goverments attempt to keep the whole thing from melting down TOO badly!

·
Registered
423 Posts
No declaring martial law will never work but I would offer this opinion well before they resort to declaring martial law they will be IDing folks with FFL's, CCW, Ham Lic, lots of UPS and Fedex traffic to a specific location from gun and food sources, etc. That data they already have and pretty much know your location anyway...as they do mine....I will be here to greet them when they arrive.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
[snip], but exactly who is going to be going through all the Sams memberships to see who bought 500 pounds of rice and pasta last year?
It depends on how the databases match up and what programs the government has.

If they match up, the govt could simply input the IPC number and a qualifier (say, rice over 25 lbs, more than 6 purchases in the last year), and then, if the databases and information mining software can talk to each other (a very big if), it could spit out the information of all members, including addresses, who satisfies those requirements.

Then, it's a simple matter of forwarding the information to the appropriate authorities. Maybe even through e-mail, after the data results are sorted and the information mining software can talk to the e-mail program.

Until the information gets to the local LEOs or guys on the ground, it's mostly computer software, hardware, and databases that are used. There's not a lot of manpower involved.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Thing about Martial Law is this: everyone envisions some sort of Nation wide military crackdown with the Army somehow replacing the police.

THAT is not what Martial Law is about. Declaring Martial Law is all about what it lets the government do when it encounters a problem or a trouble maker...it suspends normal rights, like a lawyer. It suspends search and seizure. It allows the government to implement whatever "extreme measures" they see fit to resolve the situation and restore order.

It is not tanks on every street; it is being able to send tanks wherever, whenever, they want with no one able to say boo about it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thing about Martial Law is this: everyone envisions some sort of Nation wide military crackdown with the Army somehow replacing the police.

THAT is not what Martial Law is about. Declaring Martial Law is all about what it lets the government do when it encounters a problem or a trouble maker...it suspends normal rights, like a lawyer. It suspends search and seizure. It allows the government to implement whatever "extreme measures" they see fit to resolve the situation and restore order.

It is not tanks on every street; it is being able to send tanks wherever, whenever, they want with no one able to say boo about it.
I think that Tiananmen Square is an excellent example of what "martial law" looks like. "Martial law" is where the law is enforced by the military instead of the regular law enforcement arm. It can range from simple restoration of general order to running folks down on the streets with tanks. Once you've "suspended normal rights" there is no one to say boo to.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts