Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Currently Hand Digging a Underground Bunker/safe house
overall size is about 22x 18
Its slow going but Im working on it every day and every time I get a chance I stroll out to the site and work
the Clay is Getting harder and harder as I get deeper and deeper .
I have been having to saturate the earth with water just so My shovel can bust through , Luckily I have a very Long water hose and can get water to the site without having to haul it in by hand , The water hose proves to be a great Asset at the bunker site to keep me hydrated and cool .
I made a youtube vid you can check out at the link below

Link to my Latest Youtube video on this project
http://youtu.be/EtMJW56IVPw

My Channel
http://www.youtube.com/patriotsurvival

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
Nice start but why waste the time digging it out. Rent a backhoe for a day and be done with it. You have so many other things you could be doing after the hole is done that will take time. We did 3 of them in 2 days for just over 350.00. Worked the heck out of them but it also gave us tons of storage.

·
When all else fails......
2,503 Posts
Thanks O.P. for a great thread started.

·
When all else fails......
2,503 Posts
that will take forever! u need a bobcat
Maybe so but the less noticed the better. Even out in the country a back hoe or bobcat would be heard or noticed and someone will start to wonder what your up to. Never give your preparations away by sight and sound. Off the grid means more then just no phone or tv it means blending into the background and not making anything you do obvious.:thumb:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice start but why waste the time digging it out. Rent a backhoe for a day and be done with it. You have so many other things you could be doing after the hole is done that will take time. We did 3 of them in 2 days for just over 350.00. Worked the heck out of them but it also gave us tons of storage.

LOL $350.00
TRY $550 for 2 days with a small sized backhoe

Id rather save money Do it by hand until a friend can bring his X Large Trackhoe
and get him to Dig whats left in 30 minutes to an hour for Maybe $100 in fuel

·
Out back takin a leak
186 Posts
No Way! No Way!! I know you're saving money but Man that's a lot of dirt. I couldn't have done mine with out the backhoe. Not saying nothing about all the rock I had. Good luck and I'll keep watchin. :eek:

·
Is back.
548 Posts
Maybe so but the less noticed the better. Even out in the country a back hoe or bobcat would be heard or noticed and someone will start to wonder what your up to. Never give your preparations away by sight and sound. Off the grid means more then just no phone or tv it means blending into the background and not making anything you do obvious.:thumb:
Ya it is obvious you are doing something, but no-one need to know what your doing. a backhoe digging a hole really isn't that unusual. It would not be seen if the location is far from the road, but if you really want opsec, just have a white truck or 2 and some old pipe and scrap metal around the sight, and you will look like any other construction/pipeline/utility maintenance company.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good Job! Patriot, however you feel comfortable doing it- atleast youre doing it. I also will begin the same project very soon. Unfortunately i dont have time (due to work) to hand dig so i will rent the back hoe and dig myself. just tell the neighbors it is a cellar.

their so involved with their own lives they wont care. as long as they dont ask to come in when times get tough.

·
Cantankerous ole phart
65 Posts
I'd love to do it myself....but that would still be true on a rented piece of earth moving equipment, bigger than that auger and shovel!
I'm too old for that sorta manuel labor.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
my question is after you dig the hole then what you doing concrete, cinderblocks, how is the actual structure going to be built and out of what?

1 - 20 of 255 Posts