Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Red White and Blue
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...Crops-scarce-droughts-ravage-Africa-Asia.html

Widespread water shortages caused by rising global temperatures could lead to food shortages and mass migration, an expert has warned.
The head of the World Meteorological Society, Michel Jarraud has warned that of all the threats posed by a warming climate, shrinking water supplies are the most serious.
It is predicted that by 2025, some 2.8 billion people will live in 'water scarce' areas - a huge rise from the 1.6 billion who do now.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...roughts-ravage-Africa-Asia.html#ixzz3xtzkjRHY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm guessing that the UN predicts food shortages every year. 'global warming' or no, there seems to be a lot of hunger in the world. :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm so confused (or someone is)...so global warming is gonna melt the icepacks..raising the sea levels, causeing horrendous storms that dump torential rains like we saw in SC this past Fall..and my property is still in flood condition along my creek and pond....and that's just one of my many many questions for these experts...
in the end, it's like any other bad religion...they give you stuff to be afraid about, get your conviction, then pass the offering plate..only in this case it's carbon credit plate.

look.. I don't disagree in climate change... we have actual historical data and indicators that show cycles, changes, etc... i'm good with that. but to think that we as a people either make it happen, or can stop it from happening...fools.

but we as humans do have gifts to learn science..creat things like de-salination plants, irration systems, more efficient crops, livestock breeding etc.

so instead of giving all this $ to the UN and AlGore foundations so he/they can fly around the world staying in lavish hotels, driving limos and giving week long speeches..maybe we should be about the business of improving knowledge so starving kids in (fill in blank country) will know how to build better science...cause I swear I saw this same news blurb about 40 years ago..and many of those same countries are still walkin their ox plows and swattin diseased flies..what's changed?...

·
Registered
244 Posts
now that my rant/preachin is done...

I will also note that panic seems to strike, often without reason...just a news report or an event can spark the blaze...some of us recall sitting in half mile long lines to get our 10 gal of gas...gun and ammo shortages due to a single school shooting and govt/media reaction..long list of various events..
so..yes...food shortage due to extended drought or energy crisis or ecomomic depression, etc...
it's why my closet is stacked high with shelves full of normal groceries and longer term supplies...it's why we spent the extra for property out in the country, have worked a real garden for years..learned from our mistakes, etc..why our property has significant water on it, why we have filtration, chemical treatment preps, etc...the list is long...but the event is not unexpected.

·
Retired thinker
7,337 Posts
Everything ravages Africa. Fear not, our Muslim-in-chief has a phone, a pen and a huge checkbook. He will just write his bros a big fat check or send pallets of food to the war lords and they will distribute it as usual to the deserving parties. A billion here, a billion there, sooner or later someone might wind up with an old piece of bread.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
I'm so confused (or someone is)...so global warming is gonna melt the icepacks..raising the sea levels, causeing horrendous storms that dump torential rains like we saw in SC this past Fall..and my property is still in flood condition along my creek and pond....and that's just one of my many many questions for these experts...
in the end, it's like any other bad religion...they give you stuff to be afraid about, get your conviction, then pass the offering plate..only in this case it's carbon credit plate.

look.. I don't disagree in climate change... we have actual historical data and indicators that show cycles, changes, etc... i'm good with that. but to think that we as a people either make it happen, or can stop it from happening...fools.

but we as humans do have gifts to learn science..creat things like de-salination plants, irration systems, more efficient crops, livestock breeding etc.

so instead of giving all this $ to the UN and AlGore foundations so he/they can fly around the world staying in lavish hotels, driving limos and giving week long speeches..maybe we should be about the business of improving knowledge so starving kids in (fill in blank country) will know how to build better science...cause I swear I saw this same news blurb about 40 years ago..and many of those same countries are still walkin their ox plows and swattin diseased flies..what's changed?...
The solution is simple. Vote to elect politicians who won't give out money. The UN wants money to save lives? Tell them to go beg in the streets. Scientists want money to figure out what's happening? Solve global warming by refusing to give them any. You want money in the form of Federal disaster assistance to repair your property and restore businesses in your area after a flood? Pound sand. That damage might be due to global warming, and giving money would be the first step towards Communism.

If we all elected leaders who insisted that reality conformed to what we insisted it was, and facts to the contrary were lies and a conspiracy to cheat the public, everything will be all right, that's for sure! Because anyone who said otherwise would be LYING.

:D:

·
III
1,257 Posts
The world is overpopulated especially in areas where fertile land is not abundant. The global warming thing is just another tool to get countries(read United States) to accept refugees from everywhere. It sticks in their craw that we have vast sparsely populated areas of very fertile ground. If they get their way there will be one world government and the UN will reign over it all.

·
Ingloriously Deplorable
2,698 Posts
In major cities there is a well known phenomonea called "heat island effect". All that steel, concrete and asphalt hold the heat in and...big surprise, low temperatures at night ain't so low. Guess where they put the equipment to measure the temperature?

And that's just one small thing. Our planet is billions of years old. Their data isn't much more than 100 years, 1880-current and they're basing their chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling crapola on that? Gimme a break!

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
In major cities there is a well known phenomonea called "heat island effect". All that steel, concrete and asphalt hold the heat in and...big surprise, low temperatures at night ain't so low. Guess where they put the equipment to measure the temperature?

And that's just one small thing. Our planet is billions of years old. Their data isn't much more than 100 years, 1880-current and they're basing their chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling crapola on that? Gimme a break!
Yep, my Dad used to say that large cities created artificial high pressure systems due to all of the heat from concrete and structures. Those artificial highs keep the rain away and temps are always higher. I've seen too many times a big rain front come our way, only to part and vanish over the DFW area, all the while the rain front remains entact north and south of DFW, and after it passes, form up again on the outskirts on the other side of the city. I've also seen as much as a 14 degree temp difference between where I live and the city and that's only 8 miles..

·
Red White and Blue
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wonder if the highly intelligent folks at the UN ever consider discouraging expanding populations, especially in those areas which traditionally have been unable to support earlier, smaller populations...
I'm no expert but I understand the UN promotes birth control &tc to reduce/limit population.

Venezuela apparently can't feed itself. I suspect that's more of a 'political' food shortage than a material/soil/climate one.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/0...es-trigger-long-lines-hunger-and-looting.html

"...Venezuelans wait for hours in long supermarket lines for basics like milk and rice. Shortages have made hunger a palpable concern for many Wayuu Indians who live here at the northern tip of Venezuela’s 1,300-mile border with Colombia.

The soldiers had been deployed to stem rampant food smuggling and price speculation, which President Nicolás Maduro blames for triple-digit inflation and scarcity. But after they seize contraband goods, the troops themselves often become targets of increasingly desperate people."

·
Red White and Blue
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there are climate/soil famines, and there are political famines.
Venezuela I think is a political one. no reason they can't grow/import sufficient food.

"...Venezuelans wait for hours in long supermarket lines for basics like milk and rice. Shortages have made hunger a palpable concern for many Wayuu Indians who live here at the northern tip of Venezuela’s 1,300-mile border with Colombia.

The soldiers had been deployed to stem rampant food smuggling and price speculation, which President Nicolás Maduro blames for triple-digit inflation and scarcity. But after they seize contraband goods, the troops themselves often become targets of increasingly desperate people."

hopefully not coming to a city near you

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
There is a hellova lot of information on "food deserts" and water shortages all over the internet from very reliable sources.

The GIS industry is knee deep in this mostly because the 900 pound gorilla of the GIS software companies has a owner who is a hard left wing one-worlder.

Now if you actually go to school to understand this stuff you come to realize that there is a tremendous amount of truth in the claims.
The problem comes in that the "truth" is usually intertwined with a whole lot of bogus misreading of the tea leaves as it were and moreover interpretation that is so convoluted and twisted to almost be laughable.
But don't dismiss this folks. These people have built up nearly 50 years of credibility in the science of analysis and science that to dispute it is like talking to a wall.

The food desert analysis and the fertile ground analysis was done LONG ago and trust me when I say this information is DEFINATLY NOT lost on them and they are well into having a system in place to address this. Do not think for a moment they are stupid by any stretch.

There is a huge amount I could comment on, but Ill let others chat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.