·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That works here in the U.S., and probably for most of the developed world, but (and I could be very wrong), I think the UN folks would like the developed countries to provide free broadband internet access to the remotest human outpost on the planet.

Edit: DBR, perhaps you misunderstand me: I do not like the United Nations AT ALL. I'd like to boot it right out of the country. That isn't going to happen, though. Just like the U.S. isn't going to withdraw from the U.N. But I don't have to like it. Not one smidgen.

·
90/10 headed for 95/5
7,665 Posts
To maintain that internet access, broadband or otherwise, is a basic human right is absolutely ludicrous, period. This is another example of the uselessness (at best) and manifest, malignant, insanity of the United Nations.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Broadband for every person on earth simply is not sustainable in the long run... Maybe they're going to add up all kinds of completely unsustainable 'rights' so they have a mandate to reduce the human population to the level at which they can be sustainably supplied. They'll just say that life without broadband, a bachelors degree for EVERYONE, a life where you have to start working before 27 or where teenagers work, isn't worth living.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I don't have broadband. I feel so oppressed. I think that those of us with slow, dial up connections should be considered an oppressed minority. How about some of that affirmative action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.