Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I deal in lead
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin for some sweet cargos(not cotton) for huntin,fishing,the bush...anything and everything!!! Preferably waterproof. Not too worried bout cost(not payin 300 either!) Keep me posted guys and gals.. I know you will.Thanx PS... any suggestions on shirts,longsleaves would help too...no cotton

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah I'm interested to just nothing purple, yellow, lime green, or red. Well basically colors that don't make me look as obvious as a monster truck at a dance off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Their ad indicates they are water resistant however they are cotton so I guess that will not work for the poster. The only other thing I think you can get is Gortex.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Pretty big fan of 5.11 pants myself, they do what they say and besides the tacticool image some portray them as, in plain black, they do not look much different than other cargo's.

Rain resistant, cut the wind like no other, pockets lay flat unless you load em etc.

Beyond that, I am a fan of Carharts and Levi's 501's.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pretty big fan of 5.11 pants myself, they do what they say and besides the tacticool image some portray them as, in plain black, they do not look much different than other cargo's.

Rain resistant, cut the wind like no other, pockets lay flat unless you load em etc.

Beyond that, I am a fan of Carharts and Levi's 501's.
Ditto that. The fleece lined 5.11's are fantastic when it's cold and the TacLite's are great when it's hot. Most comfortable pants I have with plenty of storage and reinforced in all the right places. Sometimes you can catch them on clearance at US CAV.

Cabela's has some great pants called trail hikers too. Fleece lined as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
LL Bean has some good pants. I owned a pair of boots for over 10 yrs when the sole came off. I sent it back and received a new pair. Great return policy.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
what if you just made your own, with all the things you want on it, to your specifications? there are plenty of trouser patterns out there to choose from, plenty of material outlets, etc. this way you get exactly what you want, and you have that feeling of self sufficiency.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts