Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Observer
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THE UK threat level was raised to "Severe" which means that an attack on UK Soil is highly likely.

For the UK to do this is rare. What possible intelligence or world events could have empowered them to make such a rash desicion?

Any comments please?

·
You looking at me!
4,028 Posts
couple of thoughts

Brown is trying to keep the sheeple scared with the upcoming elections!

Theyve lost track of some terrorists probably home grown ones!!!!!!!! just go look in Bradford or Birmingham.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The interpretation of the threat level is that it has been raised from "possible" to "probable" just below "Certainty"
The concensus opinion is that certain people in various terrorist organisations have expressed contempt and distain for the efforts made by extremists from here. The recent failures from the shoe bomber to the "look I can burn my own genitals!" and the Glasgow airport bomb that didn't explode etc plus the counter terrorist operations that have caused at least a degree of disruption have apparently motivated the more dangerous, trained and dedicated elements to look to accomplish an act that they could hail as a success.
Terrorism is an expensive undertaking and to attract funds they need to be able to show their followers and supporters that they are "credible" and "good value for money". Also it is far harder to recruit for a failed organisation than one that can claim to have accomplished something spectacular.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Exactly, people need to stop worrying about the terrorist, and worry about their freedoms that are being eroded due to fear.

You are FAR more likely to die in a car accident.
SHHHS!!!

dont say that! next thing you know, only government appointed drivers will be allowed to drive cars in Britain, or all cars will roll at 30km an hour max!

thanks for the link.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
SHHHS!!!

dont say that! next thing you know, only government appointed drivers will be allowed to drive cars in Britain, or all cars will roll at 30km an hour max!
Dont I know it!! they keep lowering the speed limits (school zones have gone from 60kmh, to 50kmh when the 50 laws came in, then now they are 40) and then they go making a HUGE deal out of it when someone goes 5km over the limit in them, forgetting that it was perfectly legal to go 20kmh faster a couple of years ago, and it wasn't exactly a slaughterfest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts