Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a smiliar thread on many US forums where people post up details of good offers and deals which might interest preppers.

How do the fellow UK members feel about starting an English themed thread?

Could be a useful resource?

Any thoughts?

·
Hello
318 Posts
Puxing PX-888 verD UHF 400-480Mhz radios are going for £34.00 on ebay. There far better then PMR446 (walkie-talkies) stuff in the store. Also you will be able to still talk to people using those cheap walkie-talkies but you will have 5Watts of power output, giving you greater range, just encase you want to equip a lot of people. Also pick up the AA pack for the radio which is about £3.

I'm a Icom man but I have a few Puxing radio's in my BOB's, there fairly well made.

·
Hello
318 Posts
I got a 12G alarm mine/trip wire device of ebay delivered today, it cost £15 with delivery. Basically you put a blank shell in it, set up a trip wire around your camp, and when someone taps it the shell goes off, waking you up and scaring the person trying to sneak up on you or nicking your kit.

It seem like a solid product, it made from galvanized steel. I have no idea how well it will stand the test of time and UK conditions but for £15 you can't go wrong. I've set off a few shells in it, seems fine.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a 12G alarm mine/trip wire device of ebay delivered today, it cost £15 with delivery. Basically you put a blank shell in it, set up a trip wire around your camp, and when someone taps it the shell goes off, waking you up and scaring the person trying to sneak up on you or nicking your kit.

It seem like a solid product, it made from galvanized steel. I have no idea how well it will stand the test of time and UK conditions but for £15 you can't go wrong. I've set off a few shells in it, seems fine.
You have a link to the seller or is that not allowed on here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Puxing PX-888 verD UHF 400-480Mhz radios are going for £34.00 on ebay. There far better then PMR446 (walkie-talkies) stuff in the store. Also you will be able to still talk to people using those cheap walkie-talkies but you will have 5Watts of power output, giving you greater range, just encase you want to equip a lot of people. Also pick up the AA pack for the radio which is about £3.

I'm a Icom man but I have a few Puxing radio's in my BOB's, there fairly well made.
Can the Puxing operate back to back with Euro 446s? I picked up half a dozen of the Jingtong UHF sets a year or so ago when they were going cheap. Decent enough wee sets but don't have the right frequency step to interoperate with the high street stuff.... I think they use a 6.25Khz step.

·
Non semper erit aestas.
3,918 Posts
Free Milk

This week - just got the email so I suppose it will be until next Thursday? - Approvedfoods.co.uk is having a giveaway of one case of single-serving UHT milk cups per customer (i.e. you do have to buy something else). I think that is 120 cartons of 12 ml (I guess for putting in your coffee). This is worth £8.99.

If you've never gone to that site before, it is worth a look around.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Poundland are currently doing foil survival blankets(for a pound!)-for a pack of 2.Also an Emergency shelter,8`x 5`like a tube tent made of mylar.It also comes with 20` of nylon cord.
Aluminium mess tins,good quality medical items-check out their flu remedy,it works.:thumb:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well the warm weather is here so the first 40ltrs of cooking oil of the season went in to the Disco at 83p a litre from morrisons i'm saving nearly 40p a litre now that is a bargain

Oh and got 10 bags of hulahops 14 packets in each bag 2011 runout for 49p each bag

max

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.