Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Just fed up.
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Justice Secretary has said householders will be able to stab burglars without fear of prosecution under new legislation guaranteeing their right to defend themselves.

Woo, hoo. A sensible British politician at last. Well, maybe?
I can't see it happening, as the Justice Secretary usually talks out of his arse, anyway, I'm sure it will be against the human rights of the burglars. :D::D:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...e_To_Stab_Burglar_Without_Fear_Of_Prosecution

But just in case, I'll be sharpening my swords & leaving a few windows open at night. :D:

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
this will be recinded after someone gets stabbed for taking one too many biscuts during tea time.

·
Just fed up.
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just hope the burglars don't all start buying guns!
Then again, they'd have to change that law too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I suppose its a good thing that you aren't limited to a knife to stab with, as that would only bring the adversary closer than I would like... Keeping someone at bay with a 2-handed sword sounds entertaining and inviting, though, particularly if you have room to swing...Off with their heads!

What's the old Robin Williams comedy routine about the "Bobbies" in England - "STOP! or I'll say stop again!"

Mo-Go

·
Just fed up.
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder what the law will be on using crossbows & slingshots.
Sorry, this has got me all excited. Not that I want to get burgled & kill them, it would just be nice to have the law on our side for a change.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Wow they won't prosecute you for defending yourself, how thoughtful of them.
**** poor performance by the English for allowing the gov't to put you in that position to start with.

Just remember a gov't that grants rights, err privileges to it's subjects can take them all away as well. Now does the Queen have to issue Letters Patent to each subject granting the ability to bear arms and meet out justice?

I have a gun, therefore I am a citizen not a subject.
Break into my house, I can shoot you dead on the spot and not only not be prosecuted but your family/estate cannot file civil suit against me either, you're just dead. Chlorine in the gene pool.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Wow they won't prosecute you for defending yourself, how thoughtful of them.
**** poor performance by the English for allowing the gov't to put you in that position to start with.

Just remember a gov't that grants rights, err privileges to it's subjects can take them all away as well. Now does the Queen have to issue Letters Patent to each subject granting the ability to bear arms and meet out justice?

I have a gun, therefore I am a citizen not a subject.
Break into my house, I can shoot you dead on the spot and not only not be prosecuted but your family/estate cannot file civil suit against me either, you're just dead. Chlorine in the gene pool.

Im with you. I'll stab them with .40 S&W hollowpoints.

best part about Tx, they even cart the body off for ya! If the perp has always been a headache for the deputies, they might even shake your hand and tell ya thanks.

·
Registered
22,055 Posts
its a step in the right direction at least. maybe GB has been to the far extreme and seen what it's like, and now wants to moderate a bit.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
He is just a tired, failed politician who is trying to grab headlines .. There is NO new law, NO new rights at all.
We have always had the right to use "reasonable force" to defend our homes and ourselves. This announcement does not grant any form of immunity or protection at all. If the police deem that the amount of force was excessive or unreasonable then you can still be arrested and charged.

If you use an article in your home as a weapon, you need to show it had a legitimate use and was not placed in your home as a weapon. The KEY words are DEFEND, PROTECT and REASONABLE. You can not attack or maintain an attack once the immediate threat is removed.

Well thats the theory anyway... In practice, unless you hunt them down, pursue them down the street or ambush them, you can inflict pain and injury or even death with relative impunity, as long as you have a good lawyer and a modicum of acting ability

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I'd make sure there is no "small" print saying it can only be in a non-fatal part of the body. Are you required to stop if they ask you to? I've also heard that many types and lengths of knives are now illegal in England. It's still a good first step for a once free people.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Im assuming this new law came to pass because of the recent stabbing/death of one of 4 men who broke into a home in the UK? Are the 3 people that lived in that home now free of all murder charges against them too (I hope) ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
God bless America. It's not perfect by any means but I know where I live in Oklahoma you can shoot an intruder. Even if someone is on your propperty threatening you, you can shoot them. I believe. If thats not actually the case I don't care I will shoot anyways. If it comes down to me or you......It's You!!!

·
Banned
3,889 Posts
Have the Brits ever been free?

It's just the 2-step forward 1-step back approach. They do the damage then diffuse the anger, then do more damage and defuse the anger. There won't be a change until the fundamentals change.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts