Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
I hate to be a downer, but there haven't been any ET visits in our life time.

As far as the pyramids, Stonehenge, and other structures, scientists have shown how simple machines were used to build them.

Area 51 is awesome - because of the aircraft and weapons they test there, not because of aliens. The weather balloon rumors started when CL-282s were being tested and later again for the A-12. Civilians had never seen aircraft that flew as high or as fast and are responsible for a majority of the UFO sightings.

Not as exciting, but the truth almost never is...

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts

As far as the pyramids, Stonehenge, and other structures, scientists have shown how simple machines were used to build them.

Area 51 is awesome - because of the aircraft and weapons they test there, not because of aliens. The weather balloon rumors started when CL-282s were being tested and later again for the A-12. Civilians had never seen aircraft that flew as high or as fast and are responsible for a majority of the UFO sightings.

Not as exciting, but the truth almost never is...
Party pooper.

Hopefully, you don't have any comments about Christmas.

·
Indefatigable
19,895 Posts
Damn that must have been an unforgettable experience.
Yeah, it is. When you see something like that, something that no matter how hard you try, you can not find an explanation for, it changes your perspective on life.

Reactions: Robot

·
Registered
522 Posts
All those sightings sound like JASSMs and their test variants.
They said it approached from 80,000 ft then accelerated to 1 mile a second. (Mach 7 to Mach 8 at elevation)
Ain't no JASM cruise missile.
ICBMs re-entering orbit can fly that fast. 1 nm/sec is roughly 5.4 mach.

All the evidence that comes out is ambiguous for a reason. Yes there are UFOs, but they're piloted or designed by humans.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,433 Posts
ICBMs re-entering orbit can fly that fast. 1 nm/sec is roughly 5.4 mach.

All the evidence that comes out is ambiguous for a reason. Yes there are UFOs, but they're piloted or designed by humans.
All the superpower countries are working on hypersonic maneuvering ICBMs, so that would be my guess as well.

I seriously doubt aliens flew all this way just to play cat an mouse with our F-18s, but I keep an open mind.

As an aside, Mach speed at 80,000 ft is a LOT different than Mach speed at sea level.

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
Pyramids and Stonehenge, okay.

All the other structures? No.

Places like Puma Punku in Bolivia would require the use of tools which are harder than the stones which were shaped. And considering the stone in question, only a diamond would suffice.

The only source of diamond in either North or South America is in Arkansas.

Even if someone in ancient Bolivia knew the diamonds were in Arkansas, there's no way he traveled there and back, then attached a diamond to a copper chisel and produced the kind of precision stonework which is at Pumapunku.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i.....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.6.906.0...0.-3W4VTrjM4s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku

Not to mention that the stone blocks came from various quarries 5 to 45 miles away from the construction site, over the Andes, a couple of thousand feet above the natural tree line.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,004 Posts

False.

I'm no engineer but I've never seen any reasonable scientific/engineering explanation for the pyramids, stonehenge, Manchu Pichu, huge stones some up to 100 tons moved long distances and carved to perfection in S. America, and huge land carvings in Peru facing the sky, and so forth.

I've seen these stones in Peru. No ancient civilization using primitive tools like ropes and simple machines and stone or iron chisels were moving and carving and lifting these stones into place.

Modern engineers admit that we can't do these feats today with our equipment, or if we can the expense and risk and difficulty is enormous. Doing it with ropes and simple machines would have been simply impossible without deity or alien intervention.

How does a civilization move thousands of 100 ton blocks a hundred miles, carve them, and lift them and set them in place with expert precision?

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,433 Posts
Ancient man was more intelligent than modern man. At least that is what I was taught in anthropology class many years ago.

If all you have is animal and human power, ropes and levers, mankind would have been expert and ultra inventive in their usage, as he is now with the tools of today (computers, modern machines and so forth).

What looks impossible is indeed our daily fare. Yesterday being no different than today in that regard. Only the medium has changed. :)

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
It was too easy.

The King said, Move the Mountain.

Peasants would move it or die. That necessity does breed invention . . . and some cleansing of the gene pool.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,623 Posts
Pyramids and Stonehenge, okay.

All the other structures? No.

Places like Puma Punku in Bolivia would require the use of tools which are harder than the stones which were shaped. And considering the stone in question, only a diamond would suffice.

The only source of diamond in either North or South America is in Arkansas.

Even if someone in ancient Bolivia knew the diamonds were in Arkansas, there's no way he traveled there and back, then attached a diamond to a copper chisel and produced the kind of precision stonework which is at Pumapunku.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i.....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.6.906.0...0.-3W4VTrjM4s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku

Not to mention that the stone blocks came from various quarries 5 to 45 miles away from the construction site, over the Andes, a couple of thousand feet above the natural tree line.
Pumapunku has always been more more intriguing to me than all the other ancient builds and world wonders. Even though it has been RC dated to 500AD ish (new in the stone work age but estimated by others to be much older 15k) the detail in carvings cannot be reproduced (machinery angular limitations), no tool marks, and 131 metric ton stones were moved.

Some of the pictures are what hold my interest reminds me of stone versions of Lincoln logs. The stone "H"s had to do something.
https://search.handy-tab.com/?q=pumapunku&f=rt&type=images

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,433 Posts
Pumapunku has always been more more intriguing to me than all the other ancient builds and world wonders. Even though it has been RC dated to 500AD ish (new in the stone work age but estimated by others to be much older 15k) the detail in carvings cannot be reproduced (machinery angular limitations), no tool marks, and 131 metric ton stones which is more than a fully loaded Nimitz-class aircraft carrier 101 metric tons (long/uk/metric/load out swag) were moved.

Some of the pictures are what hold my interest reminds me of stone versions of Lincoln logs. The stone "H"s had to do something.
I would check your weight of the Nimitz. It is 100,000 tonnes.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
What does a lack of tool marks prove?

Last time I look at an engine piston, there were not any tool marks. Any that were there were buffed out.

Lack of tool marks only indicate that the carving was done by a craftsman. They did have a good grasp of descriptive geometry in order the achieve the tight dimensional joints.

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,217 Posts
Pumapunku has always been more more intriguing to me than all the other ancient builds and world wonders. Even though it has been RC dated to 500AD ish (new in the stone work age but estimated by others to be much older 15k) the detail in carvings cannot be reproduced (machinery angular limitations), no tool marks, and 131 metric ton stones were moved.

Puma Punku debunked

The whole movie.
Ancient Aliens Debunked

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I would have thought the recent F-18's Pilot(s) report that had multiple visual, multiple radars, Ridiculous Acceleration/Deceleration, Intelligent response to Pilot Communication, Interaction with the ocean, IR imagery, Pentagon acknowledged data collected would have put some of the UFO scoffers to rest. I think this is tame to other stuff the Government has.

:xeye::xeye::xeye::xeye::xeye:

I see the above incident as the Pentagons first move at soft disclosure.

101 - 120 of 239 Posts