Survivalist Forum banner

81 - 100 of 239 Posts

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,589 Posts
Where could they come from?

How far could they have traveled?

How long did it take them to travel to Earth?

How fast could they go?

Warp 4 would be 64 times the speed of light and it would take 24 days to get to Alpah Centauri. At the extreme of warp 10 would be 1000 times the speed of light. That would take 1.5 days to get to Alpha Centauri. All other exoplanets are much farther away, so travel times can be multiplied by 10 to 100 times longer.

Do they fold space like in Dune.

Why would they travel this far just to see use? They must be really board.
Earth is the galactic 7-11 pit stop on their way to.....?. Land in a semi remote spot, dump non-recyclable waste tanks. Then pick up some humans to make jerky for the extended trip, in space everything can be acquired from asteroid water to Titan methane fuel oceans. Biologic food material usually for other biologic life forms seems rare and cant be found in open space so stop by earth for a quick grab and go snack. So far the earth has served for a couple hundred million years as a reliable fresh pantry stocking shelf.

The lookieloos may hold over a bit too long to grab a photo or two of the local scenery for their space book friends.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
In my opinion this link is the most complete story of the incident, note that the F-18's had a rendezvous point about 60 miles away, which is called the "cap point".

The UFO recognized this point and.................'Sir, you won't believe it,' the radio operator said, 'but that thing is at your cap point.'

'We were at least 40 miles away, and in less than a minute this thing was already at our cap point,' Fravor said.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,255 Posts
I recently started putting my android phone on Youtube with autoplay turned on to help me fall asleep. it works like magic, as when bored I fall asleep immediately.

Since I had watched a video that I linked above, the Youtube heuristics starts playing UFO and black project type videos talking about our new tech flying marvels. I wake up while there is a smart and credible sounding guy that used to work for one of the defense contractors as an artist that later went around watching the skies around our advanced testing areas and socializing with people that had been in the industry.

Some of the claims seemed credible and some seemed pretty out there.
The "out there" claims:
1) We already have a gravity engine capable of at least light speed.

2) There is some obscure effect from highly charged capacitor plates that render the craft and occupants 90% immune to inertial G forces as well as gravity.

3) That we have a flying saucer shaped plane with a 12 ft dia sphere on top for 4 occupants in reclining seats. The skirt of the craft contains the capacitor plates. It can hover silently, then fly out of sight over the horizon in about 1.5 seconds. Not sure if it used a nuke plant for the power, but I remember the guy mentioning a nuke powered plane at some point. I was mostly sleeping while listening to this, so don't quote me. :)
Does the brain ever really sleep though?

More believable was:
1) A long diamond shaped plane that gets up to mach 2 with normal jet engine buried within the device, Then transitions to a really neat propulsion method.
If you are familiar with the normal pulse detonation engine used by the NAZI buzz bombs, they used an oscillating shock wave in a resonant chamber to compress the air, and accomplish the intake and power steps.

This new concept uses the shock wave developed from the front part of the vehicle plowing through the air, then fuel is emitted from the waist of the diamond, creating the propulsion by burning the air that is compressed by and constrained by the bow shock wave. it exits rearward of course propelling the craft forwards. The ship is made of high temp tiles to handle the heat, but was still overheating, so they eject the fuel intermittantly giving the surface a chance to cool in between pulses.

Basically an external ramjet. And the aft section of the craft would glow brightly from the heat. Claimed speed of around mach 15, making a 3000 mile trip from the launch point to Hawaii in 15 minutes. Also there was a strategic mach 15 bomber made that had over 100 vertical tubes in the belly to drop nukes. He claims they built 18 of them.

Looking at my Youtube history, I think this was the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWEIEtrYTI

At 17 minutes and 20 seconds he describes the external ramjet engine and the mach 15 bomber.

·
Biologist
1,403 Posts
I recently started putting my android phone on Youtube with autoplay turned on to help me fall asleep. it works like magic, as when bored I fall asleep immediately.

Since I had watched a video that I linked above, the Youtube heuristics starts playing UFO and black project type videos talking about our new tech flying marvels. I wake up while there is a smart and credible sounding guy that used to work for one of the defense contractors as an artist that later went around watching the skies around our advanced testing areas and socializing with people that had been in the industry.

Some of the claims seemed credible and some seemed pretty out there.
The "out there" claims:
1) We already have a gravity engine capable of at least light speed.

2) There is some obscure effect from highly charged capacitor plates that render the craft and occupants 90% immune to inertial G forces as well as gravity.

3) That we have a flying saucer shaped plane with a 12 ft dia sphere on top for 4 occupants in reclining seats. The skirt of the craft contains the capacitor plates. It can hover silently, then fly out of sight over the horizon in about 1.5 seconds. Not sure if it used a nuke plant for the power, but I remember the guy mentioning a nuke powered plane at some point. I was mostly sleeping while listening to this, so don't quote me. :)
Does the brain ever really sleep though?

More believable was:
1) A long diamond shaped plane that gets up to mach 2 with normal jet engine buried within the device, Then transitions to a really neat propulsion method.
If you are familiar with the normal pulse detonation engine used by the NAZI buzz bombs, they used an oscillating shock wave in a resonant chamber to compress the air, and accomplish the intake and power steps.

This new concept uses the shock wave developed from the front part of the vehicle plowing through the air, then fuel is emitted from the waist of the diamond, creating the propulsion by burning the air that is compressed by and constrained by the bow shock wave. it exits rearward of course propelling the craft forwards. The ship is made of high temp tiles to handle the heat, but was still overheating, so they eject the fuel intermittantly giving the surface a chance to cool in between pulses.

Basically an external ramjet. And the aft section of the craft would glow brightly from the heat. Claimed speed of around mach 15, making a 3000 mile trip from the launch point to Hawaii in 15 minutes. Also there was a strategic mach 15 bomber made that had over 100 vertical tubes in the belly to drop nukes. He claims they built 18 of them.

Looking at my Youtube history, I think this was the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWEIEtrYTI
Antigravity Technology So Advanced You Wont See It For Another 50 Years - YouTube

At 17 minutes and 20 seconds he describes the external ramjet engine and the mach 15 bomber.
Unless our understanding of the most basic physics is incorrect, nothing can travel as fast as light. It would take an infinite amount of energy to propel matter to the speed of light. Space travel could be possible via wormholes as it's completely possible within physics, although it would take an incredible power source, it is possible. There could be other forms of travel we've yet to think of, but accelerating to the speed of light or past it, is impossible, again unless our laws are incorrect.

·
Super Moderator
14,198 Posts
Unless our understanding of the most basic physics is incorrect, nothing can travel as fast as light. It would take an infinite amount of energy to propel matter to the speed of light. Space travel could be possible via wormholes as it's completely possible within physics, although it would take an incredible power source, it is possible. There could be other forms of travel we've yet to think of, but accelerating to the speed of light or past it, is impossible, again unless our laws are incorrect.
It's ridiculous to think that our most basic ideas can't be incorrect.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had an encounter with an UO (it wasn't flying) in 1979. I am a skeptic, yet after 40 years, I cannot find any rational explanation for what I saw.
Consider the millions of reports, worldwide, over hundreds, some say even thousands of years on UFOs, unidentified beings and abduction scenarios - Only ONE has to be true.
Damn dude you have to elaborate now, you got my curiosity.

If you posted it I somehow missed it.

·
Indefatigable
19,758 Posts
I've posted before but its been quite a while so here it is again - Oh BTW, I'm a woman.

My encounter happened in 1979, along the KS/OK border. There were no cell phones, no proof. My object wasn't flying. It was "parked" in the middle of a wheat field. I observed it for a total of about 45 minutes.
Now before anyone says "it was a combine, what the hell where you smoking?" I'm a country girl, I was raised around the equipment and I was sober.
I was the night time DJ for a local radio station, so I drove this road often. Coming home at @4am, I was very surprised to see a car coming towards me in the opposite lane. I quickly became aware the car was stationary and figured it was someone with car trouble parked alongside the road. As I got closer, I came to believe that the car was in the field and that there had been an accident. As I approached the area, I could see the fence around the field intact. I now believe its farm equipment.
By the time I am parallel with the object, I have NO idea what I am seeing. I parked on the side of the road for a while trying to figure it out. Curiosity got the best of me. I got out of my car with the gun and flashlight, and climbed through the fence. I made a wide circle, I only let myself get close enough, to never lose sight of the entirety of the object, so that if something changed, I might more easily catch it - does that make any sense? FWIW I ruled out a balloon. There was a stiff wind and no movement from the object.
The object was cylindrical shaped; it looked like an oil or gas container that you would see on a rail car. Not completely round, more of an oval and I would say about the same diameter, aprox 30-40ft long. The ends did not taper they were rounded. There were no seams/portals or markings of any kind I could see by flashlight from my vantage point. There were 2 large white lights on the underside of each end. Their intensity and color did not change during my observation. Although I got down and shined my light as much as possible under the object, I was in a wheat field; I could not see any type of support/landing gear. The object appeared to be positioned (or hovering) 12- 18" off the ground, just above the wheat. The color was a light grey and reflected very little light. I didn’t have the guts to throw a rock at it or walk right up to it.
I stood there, looking at, trying to think of any reason possible for what I was seeing. Logic failed and I came to the conclusion I was viewing something I could not explain. A roommate need the car to get to work, I had to go. It was cold and I was wearing a cap gloves and a scarf. I marked the area with those and left. I dropped the roommate off at work, telling her the story in route, and headed back out there. I found my markers easily but I didn’t find any other evidence. No crushed wheat, no scorching, no marks of any kind. Just an empty wheat field.
I called the airports and the local AF base, talked to the weather guy at work and looked through some farm equipment books to see if anything looked similar. It didn’t and there were no reports of aircraft, or weather balloons in that area that night.
35 Years later I still have no explanation.

·
Registered
11,315 Posts
There is a huge difference between there being intelligent life in the universe and that intelligent life coming here to Earth. Saying that the various UFO sightings might all be false is not anywhere near the same as saying we are alone in the Universe.

Let's look at the logistics of the situation. Suppose there is an intelligent species on a planet a mere 1,000 light years away. Relatively close by cosmic terms. They haven't received our earliest radio signals yet, so they don't even know we exist yet. If their own scientists have determined that there is a planet here capable of supporting life, there is no reason for them to believe it's intelligent. Or if there is even life. But let's suppose they are curious enough to ask the next question: 'Should we go?'

A trip of 1,000 light years is a massive and daunting undertaking. Even if they were capable of traveling at near-lightspeed, and were capable of calculating Earth's position 2,000 years in it's future(trust me, it's necessary if they want to get here), they would arrive not on the Earth they observed, but on an Earth 2,000 years after their last observation; 1000 years for the time it took light to reach their world, PLUS the 1,000 years later they would arrive here(though it would seem faster to them due to time dilation, time would still pass normally for the rest of the universe). So, they would be taking a massive risk as they would have absolutely no idea what could happen to Earth in that interim time. Any one of countless things could make their trip a complete waste; if it ever was worthwhile to begin with. And when they get back home, they get back 2,000 years after they left.

Now increase that distance to 10,000 light years. 30,000 light years. 30 million light years. So that's why intelligent life probably never visited Earth. Not because they are 'scared' of us, but because we're not worth the trip.
Right
I know all that
I've heard all the naysayer claims of delusion and hoaxes and the whole time thing
but they have a way of folding space. Or is it worm holes or Einstein Rosen bridges. or portals or hyper interdimentional jumping technology or whatever it is that they can create a way to travel the vastness in hours instead of ions
anyway we will all know soon because this planet wont support humans much longer so we will have to " Go there"

and wherever we go that will make us " ET's" in "UFO's" to whomever we find

oh yeah by the way Do you really think that humans built the pyramids and Macho Picho with chicken bones and log rollers?
maybe carved the sphinx with a deer antler?

how about lifting the rocks at stonehenge by getting really strong dudes to balance the 20 ton rocks on the backs or other even stronger dudes who were standing on the backs of super strong dudes who then all farted the rocks into place with one giant Heave Ho

every ancient monolithic structure on Earth was built by ET's while humans hid in the caves until the aliens left

the evidence of ET visiting Earth is massive in both the distant past and today

do you really think it was a weather balloon that crashed in Roswell in 1947?

if so then why couldn't the US Army shoot down a weather Balloon in 1942 over LA where they shot 1400 rounds of anti-aircraft ammo at it( the Army said that was a weather balloon too) If Balloons Crash

just because humans haven't yet figured space travel out yet doesn't mean that a species with a billion years head stat couldn't have figured it out

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've posted before but its been quite a while so here it is again - Oh BTW, I'm a woman.

My encounter happened in 1979, along the KS/OK border. There were no cell phones, no proof. My object wasn't flying. It was "parked" in the middle of a wheat field. I observed it for a total of about 45 minutes.
Now before anyone says "it was a combine, what the hell where you smoking?" I'm a country girl, I was raised around the equipment and I was sober.
I was the night time DJ for a local radio station, so I drove this road often. Coming home at @4am, I was very surprised to see a car coming towards me in the opposite lane. I quickly became aware the car was stationary and figured it was someone with car trouble parked alongside the road. As I got closer, I came to believe that the car was in the field and that there had been an accident. As I approached the area, I could see the fence around the field intact. I now believe its farm equipment.
By the time I am parallel with the object, I have NO idea what I am seeing. I parked on the side of the road for a while trying to figure it out. Curiosity got the best of me. I got out of my car with the gun and flashlight, and climbed through the fence. I made a wide circle, I only let myself get close enough, to never lose sight of the entirety of the object, so that if something changed, I might more easily catch it - does that make any sense? FWIW I ruled out a balloon. There was a stiff wind and no movement from the object.
The object was cylindrical shaped; it looked like an oil or gas container that you would see on a rail car. Not completely round, more of an oval and I would say about the same diameter, aprox 30-40ft long. The ends did not taper they were rounded. There were no seams/portals or markings of any kind I could see by flashlight from my vantage point. There were 2 large white lights on the underside of each end. Their intensity and color did not change during my observation. Although I got down and shined my light as much as possible under the object, I was in a wheat field; I could not see any type of support/landing gear. The object appeared to be positioned (or hovering) 12- 18" off the ground, just above the wheat. The color was a light grey and reflected very little light. I didn’t have the guts to throw a rock at it or walk right up to it.
I stood there, looking at, trying to think of any reason possible for what I was seeing. Logic failed and I came to the conclusion I was viewing something I could not explain. A roommate need the car to get to work, I had to go. It was cold and I was wearing a cap gloves and a scarf. I marked the area with those and left. I dropped the roommate off at work, telling her the story in route, and headed back out there. I found my markers easily but I didn’t find any other evidence. No crushed wheat, no scorching, no marks of any kind. Just an empty wheat field.
I called the airports and the local AF base, talked to the weather guy at work and looked through some farm equipment books to see if anything looked similar. It didn’t and there were no reports of aircraft, or weather balloons in that area that night.
35 Years later I still have no explanation.
I apologize, poor assumption on my part. Please forgive me.

That is an awesome story!!

If you had to guess how close do you think you got to it?

·
Indefatigable
19,758 Posts
I apologize, poor assumption on my part. Please forgive me.

That is an awesome story!!

If you had to guess how close do you think you got to it?
I would say 50-60 ft.
I forgot about this until just now. I looked for a long time to find a pic that came close to what I saw. I found this one recently. It looks like what I saw, minus the antennas on top.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would say 50-60 ft.
I forgot about this until just now. I looked for a long time to find a pic that came close to what I saw. I found this one recently. It looks like what I saw, minus the antennas on top.

Damn that must have been an unforgettable experience.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,255 Posts
Right
I know all that
I've heard all the naysayer claims of delusion and hoaxes and the whole time thing
but they have a way of folding space. Or is it worm holes or Einstein Rosen bridges. or portals or hyper interdimentional jumping technology or whatever it is that they can create a way to travel the vastness in hours instead of ions
anyway we will all know soon because this planet wont support humans much longer so we will have to " Go there"

and wherever we go that will make us " ET's" in "UFO's" to whomever we find

oh yeah by the way Do you really think that humans built the pyramids and Macho Picho with chicken bones and log rollers?
maybe carved the sphinx with a deer antler?

how about lifting the rocks at stonehenge by getting really strong dudes to balance the 20 ton rocks on the backs or other even stronger dudes who were standing on the backs of super strong dudes who then all farted the rocks into place with one giant Heave Ho

every ancient monolithic structure on Earth was built by ET's while humans hid in the caves until the aliens left

the evidence of ET visiting Earth is massive in both the distant past and today

do you really think it was a weather balloon that crashed in Roswell in 1947?

if so then why couldn't the US Army shoot down a weather Balloon in 1942 over LA where they shot 1400 rounds of anti-aircraft ammo at it( the Army said that was a weather balloon too) If Balloons Crash

just because humans haven't yet figured space travel out yet doesn't mean that a species with a billion years head stat couldn't have figured it out
Excellent point about what humanity will figure out over time. A scant 100 to 150 years ago we had no airplanes, no nuclear reactors or bombs, no calculators, computers, cell phones or automobiles. Electricity and light bulbs even.

To borrow a line from Star Trek, can you imagine where we'll be 1000 years from now? 10,000 years or a million?

But part of this musing begs the question... Did we make these great leaps forward on our own? or by reverse engineering some alien craft that have crashed here? or simply from technology transfers from "Visitors"?

Others may have evolved before us and found us... or not.
We won't know until we know.

But when I look around at humanity, I have trouble believing these idiots have developed some of the technology we have seen in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
11,315 Posts
Excellent point about what humanity will figure out over time. A scant 100 to 150 years ago we had no airplanes, no nuclear reactors or bombs, no calculators, computers, cell phones or automobiles. Electricity and light bulbs even.

To borrow a line from Star Trek, can you imagine where we'll be 1000 years from now? 10,000 years or a million?

But part of this musing begs the question... Did we make these great leaps forward on our own? or by reverse engineering some alien craft that have crashed here? or simply from technology transfers from "Visitors"?

Others may have evolved before us and found us... or not.
We won't know until we know.
one thing is certain fact

whatever the Governments of the world Know or don't know about ET's they sure are never going to tell us about it

it's all swamp ass you know

81 - 100 of 239 Posts