Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it looks highly likely that a fourth stimulis check is in the offering, I beleive that ubi would be more effective than a stimulis
check that arrives on a time line that cannot be counted on. But that is just my opnion. My vote is ubi instead of stimulis checks.
By the way I do not qualify for the stimulis checks, but maybe the ubi ?

Thanks, SamChevel

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
You are maybe right. But then again maybe stimulis is also junk food.
I was just thinking between the 2 which one whould be the best for everyone.

Thanks, SamChevel
For me.. neither.

They need to stop this nonsense.

UBI is a giveaway for the illiterate and uniformed and under-un-educated.

Its fodder to consume. it hasn't helped, it wont help.

UBI is also based on marxism. Equalized income for all. No one makes any more than anyone else.
OK, fine.
watch stagnation take place.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here’s an idea: Stop printing monopoly money and let people go back to work!
That is a nice idea. Maybe you could name the last time that has happened?
In a debt based economy, if the money printing stops, so does the economy.

Thanks, SamChevel

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For me.. neither.

They need to stop this nonsense.

UBI is a giveaway for the illiterate and uniformed and under-un-educated.

Its fodder to consume. it hasn't helped, it wont help.

UBI is also based on marxism. Equalized income for all. No one makes any more than anyone else.
OK, fine.
watch stagnation take place.
I do not think that you understand. It is either stimulis checks on a unpredicable time line
or ubi which everyone can count on. I beleive ubi is better than the stimilus checks and that it is coming sooner than later.

Thanks, SamChevel

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Unless the collapse happens, it will soon be impossible to have enough jobs for everyone, nor will everyone need to work if one person supervising an automated system can produce enough for a hundred, or a thousand people.

One of the things Corona did was prove just how non-essential and redundant most of the jobs people had actually where. Just busy work to keep the prols in line.

UBI is inevitable. We will enter a world where nobody needs to work...and there isn't enough work for the people left who actually just want to work.

Without collapse.

·
Jackpine Savage
4,144 Posts
Since it looks highly likely that a fourth stimulis check is in the offering, I beleive that ubi would be more effective than a stimulis
check that arrives on a time line that cannot be counted on. But that is just my opnion. My vote is ubi instead of stimulis checks.
By the way I do not qualify for the stimulis checks, but maybe the ubi ?

Thanks, SamChevel
As a person who did qualify for and receive each stimulus check and who might even qualify for UBI depending on where it's set I vote for neither.

This is where common sense and personal responsibility come in. I will admit that back in '08 when I was in the auto industry and the bottom fell out of it we were living well above our means and had to make real changes. We made them so when this hit last year we had a current mortgage, 4 months of mortgage in the bank, a full pantry, and a bit of money for unexpected expenses.

Teaching people to live within their means is more important than giving them more money to pay off bills that they shouldn't have accrued in the first place. Nope I'm not a financial genus, we don't have the nicest house in the neighborhhood but the roof don't leak and it's warm in the winter. We don't have the newest care in the driveway, but they aren't rust buckets and they run well so I don't have to worry about my wife breaking down somewhere.

I will say that this did really cause problems to a lot of people who worked part time say in resturants and what not. I do believe that many probably did need help but the correct way to do things was to make them apply for the money and show a need that it was for neccessary things and not just to hand it out.

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
I will say that this did really cause problems to a lot of people who worked part time say in resturants and what not. I do believe that many probably did need help but the correct way to do things was to make them apply for the money and show a need that it was for neccessary things and not just to hand it out.
The problem is if people started doing this, it would destroy our economy. Our entire system is based on convincing people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem is if people started doing this, it would destroy our economy. Our entire system is based on convincing people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need.
The historic saving rate for people in the USA is 3% right now it is closer to 20%. Why do you think that is?

Thanks, SamChevel

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
The historic saving rate for people in the USA is 3% right now it is closer to 20%. Why do you think that is?

Thanks, SamChevel
Because of three related factors.

The stimulus have given most people more money at one time than they have ever had before in their lives.

The collapse of the supply chain has made it harder to spend money.

And, Corona scared a significant part of the population into living more practically.

Coupled with all the extra money, the difficulty spending it, many people have decided to simply save it.

Hence....the current disastrous economy.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because of three related factors.

The stimulus have given most people more money at one time than they have ever had before in their lives.

The collapse of the supply chain has made it harder to spend money.

And, Corona scared a significant part of the population into living more practically.

Coupled with all the extra money, the difficulty spending it, many people have decided to simply save it.

Hence....the current disastrous economy.
Thanks, I beleive it to be because the people cannot count on the stimilus checks arriving
in known time line. With UBI they would have a check they could count on in a monthly basis and therefore whould spend more freely. If you did not know where your next meal was coming from or when it would arrive maybe you too whould be a little more careful in your spending habbits.

Thanks, SamChevel

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Thanks, I beleive it to be because the people cannot count on the stimilus checks arriving
in known time line. With UBI they would have a check they could count on in a monthly basis and therefore whould spend more freely. If you did not know where your next meal was coming from or when it would arrive maybe you too whould be a little more careful in your spending habbits.

Thanks, SamChevel
Logical.

And correct, to the normalcy biased. Even the very ignorant know that the gravy train has to end soon and are trying to save the money for that.

The problem that many people don't see, is that when it ends, saved money will have little value.

A UBI that seemed likely to continue would certainly get people spending again...if there was something to spend it on, and if they trusted it.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I do not think that you understand. It is either stimulis checks on a unpredicable time line
or ubi which everyone can count on. I beleive ubi is better than the stimilus checks and that it is coming sooner than later.

Thanks, SamChevel
I understand alot more than you may think.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand alot more than you may think.
You probably do. That is not what I meant. Sorry if you took it the wrong way I was asking is between the two, which do you think would be best for all. Saying neither is not a answer.

Thanks, SamChevel

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
You probably do. That is not what I meant. Sorry if you took it the wrong way I was asking is between the two, which do you think would be best for all. Saying neither is not a answer.

Thanks, SamChevel
It is an answer and i stand next to it.

this argument is academic at best.

They are both sophistry and though even I have received it, think it should be stopped.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts