Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I've no idea wengo...

What I can say is that coalition troops who've fought hand to hand in Iraq can be counted in the tens at most.

A small amount of men back in 2003 engaged Iraqi Fedayeen in close quarter combat, a Black Watch unit had been ambushed and the PWRR responded. Perhaps 6 squaddies led by a corporal or sergeant, engaged Iraqi fedayeen. They kicked, punched and stabbed a whole lot up with bayonets.

Men from this British regiment .

http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/6446.aspx

·
Junior Oldie
817 Posts
Believe they only come stainless. Kind of a mainstay of the line for CRKT and very similar to the Gerber EVO. Designed by Kit Carson.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Off topic, sorry wengo...:eek::

I humbly ask you don't mind me saying so, but on the link I gave on my last post, is the latest man to be awarded the Victoria Cross, Johnson Beharry (the VC is perhaps the oldest and hardest military bravery award in the world to receive) the last awarded were post humus in the Falkland War to a Para and his Lt Col. Para Commander who stormed a machine gun nest.

·
Liberty or Death
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've no idea wengo...

What I can say is that coalition troops who've fought hand to hand in Iraq can be counted in the tens at most.

A small amount of men back in 2003 engaged Iraqi Fedayeen in close quarter combat, a Black Watch unit had been ambushed and the PWRR responded. Perhaps 6 squaddies led by a corporal or sergeant, engaged Iraqi fedayeen. They kicked, punched and stabbed a whole lot up with bayonets.

Men from this British regiment .

http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/6446.aspx
I dont know much about how much the knife is used in combat, but I do know that where my couisn is stationed that they are issued to every one.

·
Liberty or Death
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Off topic, sorry wengo...:eek::

I humbly ask you don't mind me saying so, but on the link I gave on my last post, is the latest man to be awarded the Victoria Cross, Johnson Beharry (the VC is perhaps the oldest and hardest military bravery award in the world to receive) the last awarded were post humus in the Falkland War to a Para and his Lt Col. Para Commander who stormed a machine gun nest.
I dont mind at all it was very interesting.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I'm mean the best to you so don't take offense.

You have "suitable" outdoor knives.

Don't get wrapped up with "combat" knives.

If you want a combat knife get a kukri. Perhaps the best combat knife ever invented by a people and Regiment, who have such a proud history going "hand to hand" for the British Army.

·
Chief Cook&Bottle Washer
252 Posts
M16-13z

That is a surprise. That model ha been my edc for several years now. Great knife. I have owned 2. First one was serated with aluminum handles. Current is Plain edge and zytel grips. I like it better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a contract as a designer for CRKT and consider myself up to speed on there goings on and as far as know there is no NSN for any CRKT knives which means it is not in the chain of supply.

Also wondering why you would carry a folding knife in your boot.

·
Liberty or Death
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its just a last defence weapon incase you lost all your other weapons. If I was in the military I would carry one because like they say "What you dont have is gonna kill you".

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
I have a contract as a designer for CRKT and consider myself up to speed on there goings on and as far as know there is no NSN for any CRKT knives which means it is not in the chain of supply.

I carry one very much like the CRKT in my boot every day. It is an assisted opener like the CRKT and has a boot/belt clip on the reverse side. The WHY is because it is unobtrusive, easy to carry and conceal and can fit nicely in the palm, pocket, sleeve or boot. I had a drugged up punk pull a kitchen knife on me and threaten to kill me four months ago. He nearly s**t himself when the little 'tooth' came out of nowhere and flicked open. Dropped his blade and ran, luckily.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts