Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[link to news.sky.com]

VRAF Tornados were scrambled to intercept two Russian bombers as they threatened to enter UK airspace, it has emerged.

The British planes were part of a special "quick response" squadron scrambled from RAF Leuchars in Scotland.

An air-to-air refuelling tanker was also sent up in case the mission lasted longer.

The Russian Tu-160 Blackjack bombers were tracked on radar as they headed for the North East coast on Thursday night.

Norwegian F-16 fighters were also launched to tail the Russian "zombies".

The Tornadoes took off just before 10.30pm and tailed the bombers until about 1.30am on Friday.

Sky News understand the Russian aircraft crossed a section of airspace controlled by the UK, but the Ministry of Defence refused to confirm this or comment.

However, the MoD has confirmed the North Sea encounter.

A spokesman told Sky News Online: "Incursions into UK and Nato-monitored airspace from Russian aircraft have occurred on a number of occasions and these aircraft have been identified and tracked, usually before they arrive in UK and Nato airspace, by Nato partners."

A Russian air force spokesman said the bombers were on a "patrol mission".

Colonel Vladimir Drik said Russia resumed regular missions by strategic bombers over the Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic oceans last August, and that they posed no threat to other countries.

Russia always gave notice of upcoming patrols, he added.

In July 2007 RAF Tornadoes were scrambled to intercept Tupolev Tu-95 Bears as they threatened to enter UK airspace.

At the time, the MoD said such an encounter was "rare".

RAF Leuchars is home to two squadrons of RAF Tornado aircraft.

Both are part of the QRA (quick reaction alert) structure, first set up to combat the threat of possible Russian attacks during the Cold War.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FRom all I have read and the Russian movements and positioning I really think they along with the Chinese are watching like vultures circling a dying animal waiting for the right moment to strike.

·
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)
3,306 Posts
if anyone didnt see this coming they are blind.
russia's economy is worse than ours, and war is the greatest
money making machine on earth, so get ready for it to get worse
before it gets better

·
Registered
367 Posts
War is a great money making machine for the people who own the companies who make the munitions necessary for war, but someone has to pay for it.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
I think you guys might have something ... All those automobile factories that are about to close down might as well start cranking out war machines.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
if anyone didnt see this coming they are blind.
russia's economy is worse than ours, and war is the greatest
money making machine on earth, so get ready for it to get worse
before it gets better
let's write this down

murderface says we will be at war with Russia shortly.

·
Banned
152 Posts
well i am gonna take flak for this but......i dont like the british so i do not care.....although i think this will likely happen in the usa as well if we weaken further.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
well i am gonna take flak for this but......i dont like the british so i do not care.....although i think this will likely happen in the usa as well if we weaken further.
People like you give Americans a bad name.

Oh, and before you get all proud about getting a thanks for your post, kenxkillz, the person who thanked you for your post, is literally nothing but a child.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You'll notice that the Russian bombers "threatened" to enter UK airspace but they didn't.
I noticed the artical said "Sky News understand the Russian aircraft crossed a section of airspace controlled by the UK, but the Ministry of Defence refused to confirm this or comment."
and "A spokesman told Sky News Online: "Incursions into UK and Nato-monitored airspace from Russian aircraft have occurred on a number of occasions and these aircraft have been identified and tracked, usually before they arrive in UK and Nato airspace, by Nato partners."

You always get your panties in a bunch about anything having to do with england, dont you?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
They were just probing not a big deal and it won't be the last, A friend was on a Navy ASW aircraft (sub Chaser) and he said more then a few times they spotted Russian subs close to the Calif coast, The plane would circle above and start jamming thier electronics till they turned around.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts