Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Julia, I’m a producer for an upcoming television show. I’m trying to find expert urban survivalists. I’m looking for people who are very knowledgeable about surviving in an urban environment, with years of experience under their belts. Also anyone who has expert knowledge of how to use common, everyday objects to survive.

Know anyone who might be a good fit? Any thoughts on where I should look? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Best,
Julia

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Look over these videos as my resume - http://www.youtube.com/user/survivalistboards

My name is Kevin, I am the owner of this site and that is my youtube channel. And yes, that is me in the videos. I am not an expert, nor do I claim to be.

I was born in 1968 and am 40 years old. From the time I started school in the md-1970s, the teachers went over duck and cover drills. Its really something for a school teacher to be telling 6 and 7 year olds what a nuclear explosion can do.

My grand parents owned a farm in a very rural area. So hunting, farming and gardening was part of my life very an early age. My dad inherited the farm after my grand parents pass away.

My approach is as realistic and practical as it can be.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
No thanks, been there done that . Was ABC Nightline. 3 1/2 hours of filming , 3 minutes air time.
They already had their story written befor they showed up at my house..Alaskan

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,562 Posts
How come nobody ever looks for accident prone idiots? I think I could qualify for that one.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Julia,

Les Stroud did a nice piece on surviving urban disasters. It was very informative. He is pretty resourceful.

For a true "expert" on urban survival, may I suggest that you contact some of the homeless in your area. They can be a valuable source of information as they are living the life of "urban survival" on a day to day basis.

Feel free to PM me if you need further assistance.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
AND they are about the nicest bunch of guys you could meet. Not nearly the radical nutcases made out by popculture...

well,
besides maybe this guy:

Reactions: Grinnan Barrett

·
22,122 Posts
you guys are hopeless :rolleyes:

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
But Burt Gummer is my hero. He's got Reba for a wife. He's got a well stocked bunker. He's got guns galore. He even has good lines in some of the movies. What more can you ask for or want?

·
22,122 Posts
probably more of varmint trolling

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
TV show?!?

My name is Julia, I’m a producer for an upcoming television show. I’m trying to find expert urban survivalists. I’m looking for people who are very knowledgeable about surviving in an urban environment, with years of experience under their belts. Also anyone who has expert knowledge of how to use common, everyday objects to survive.

Know anyone who might be a good fit? Any thoughts on where I should look? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Best,
Julia

1 - 20 of 27 Posts