Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
radioactive
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up Kenwood 480 sat last night,was gonna put up an 80 meter dipole today but it is steady raining.Dont you just hate it when you get a new toy and cant play with it?

·
Fire Fighter
1,084 Posts
Ya I just ordered a wide band 136-174 Mhz 6ft 5in antenna today myself. It is for my Hand Held Fire Radios to work better inside my home. Going to weld up a steel mounting bracket to bolt on the corner of the porch to put it on. I will bring the cable inside the living room where I park waiting for a fire! Mark

Specs;
Hand soldered brass elements for maximum range and efficiency
Stainless steel ferrules, standard 1in-14 threads
Includes 20 feet of RG-8/X low-loss cable plus a PL-259 connector
Suggested mount: Use only Shakespeare Style 4187-HD for self-supporting applications. Use a Style 410-R if an upper support bracket installation is preferred.
Covers: 136-174 MHz
One section
Suggested mount(s): 4187-HD Galaxy HS-2774-1 Specifications
Band: Broadband
Ferrule: Stainless steel
Color/finish: Galaxy White
DC Ground: DC Grounded - The antenna will read shorted on continuity test.
Shakespeare
Limited Warranty: 5 years

·
radioactive
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like an awesome antenna. let us know how it works. i have been using a Cushcraft 13b2 for my 2 meter rig,and it scans all those freq. really well, if you have the beam pointed that way. thinking about getting a beam for high freq.,but really want to develope skills in constructing and usin wire antennas more. easier to camoflage and use low profile techniques.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts