Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I wouldn't waste your time (or money)

Are you the one selling this report? why post a link to it with no explanation, review, or anything?

·
Registered
412 Posts
You know, if you check the Myspace Survivalist groups you'll find the list of the Top 101 things to disappear at first panic... 100% free.

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
just by the marketing, anyone with common sense could figure it out.

For example, it's not hard to say "Canned" goods would be gone in a blink.

·
Registered
816 Posts
just by the marketing, anyone with common sense could figure it out.

For example, it's not hard to say "Canned" goods would be gone in a blink.
right. not only that, but stores only hold about 1.5 days worth of supply at normal consumption levels. So it doesn't really matter which 101 items will go first, because if there is a panic it will ALL be gone in about 12 hours

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just stumbled on to it and posted the link. I didn't have the time then to check it out but it sounded interesting.

·
Leave Me Alone
434 Posts
I get emails for crap like this everyday. Be the first on your block to clean out your arteries; How to survive the comming economic crisis and get rich; How to avoid loosing your @$$ in the comming meltdown.
It's always someone trying to profit from your fears and lack of knowlege or thinking. I purchased into several "reports" like this before I learned that they were telling me stuff I already knew. It really doesn't matter what crap flies off of the shelf after TSHTF, otherwise you wouldn't be prepping right now. You know what you need; look around at what you use everyday and what you eat. Go from there. Let this guy sell his big info report to little old ladies and yuppies who are deciding if they're going to buy some extra toilet paper to survive on. They're nothing but infomercials over the internet selling you some crap that you don't really need.

·
A little a day adds up
75 Posts
right. not only that, but stores only hold about 1.5 days worth of supply at normal consumption levels. So it doesn't really matter which 101 items will go first, because if there is a panic it will ALL be gone in about 12 hours
True. Even during the Northeast Blackout of 2003, which is a very low scale disaster.. if it can even be called that. The power went out for 8 hours for some and up to 3 days for others, yet I saw the panic immediately. The next day when power was restored in some areas around where I lived, I saw the following items disappear immediately:

Gasoline (Since power was only restored in some areas, the few stations open sold out quickly)

Camping supplies. I was moving that weekend and went to a major chain store to get a 2 wheel dolly (hand truck), and witnessed all the lanterns, stoves, flashlights, batteries sell out within minutes.

Propane. This sold out instantly as people were using their barbecues to cook.

Keep in mind this was only from the power going out for 8 hours or a couple days for others. No flood. No hurricane. No terrible winter storm.

It was a real eye opener for me, but luckily I was a beginning prepper back then and had no troubles at all. I even managed to pick up a 12 pack of beer 30 minutes before the power went down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.