Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Proud American Patriot
2,378 Posts
Why is there no reason to release it? :confused:
I can't speak for him, but it makes as much sense to say why should he? Anything he says is lied about by the liberal press and their comrades the Democrats, and those who see through the lies of those traitors are already going to vote for him, so there is no political benefit in it for him.

And if there is likewise no chance of anything he proposes being passed by a congress half controlled by communists what would be the point? Just something else for him to have to waste time arguing with the liberal cult about.

But like I said, I can't speak for him; this is just speculation. And this is not an issue I follow, because as I pointed out earlier, the free market works fine as far as I'm concerned.

So do you have an answer to my question? Why don't liberals just all get together and form their own health care commune, where everyone pays in according to his ability, and draws out according to his needs? Why do they have to force the rest of us into their commune?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Over the last four or so years Trump has stated a handful of times that he would be bringing out his healthcare plan......
I just check the US Constitution and see that the Fed Gov has NO role in "healthcare"/med insurance.
Then why repeatedly promise that he's got a plan finished and it's coming out soon? Are you of the thought that he doesn't actually have a plan and he's just throwing out the lie to get him past his first term and then he won't have to worry about it?

Why is there no reason to release it?
maybe he wants to wait until he thinks it is the right time?
pretty simple. still confused?
Then why keep saying it's coming out "in a couple weeks"? It's a pretty big election issue so it seems like it'd benefit him to release it in October if it's as great as he says it is.

This thread isn't really about the necessity of a gov't plan (the free market is working great for me personally)... I'm just curious on the logic here on his messaging on this issue. What's the strategy in repeatedly saying something and then not following through? I mean... logically it's gotta either be 'wait till October to boost election chances' or 'doesn't have one and he's trying to run out the clock'...nothing else makes much sense.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
The free market has always been the way to go. Those who have benefits at work it is real simple. The employer rolls out a plan every October with a few tiers of coverage and you choose based on family needs. The employer generally absorbs some of the premium costs.

I chose Cobra coverage when I left work due to possibly needing better coverage if I got the virus. Well, that is past and I'm ditching it. Medicare is $144/month, my BCBS supplemental plan is $190/month and my rx plan is $68/month. All in for just over $400. About what I paid for my plan when I was working.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,138 Posts
And then it went to the Senate and they gutted it. Look it up.
None of what Obama promised was in the original Obamacare bill. That was the one that was rejected and re-written. I still have a copy of the original bill. It's something like 800 pages long.

They never allowed us to see the second Obamacare bill before it was passed. Remember Pelosi's famous line, "we need to vote on it so we can see what's in it." It was the Democrats who gutted it based on the opposition from both parties to the first plan.

There are some very nasty things in the original bill, such as once you went on Obamacare, you could never go back to private insurance. And yes, there was a death squad that determined whether you were eligible for coverage.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's a pretty big election issue so it seems like it'd benefit him to release it in October if it's as great as he says it is.
it does not matter what is in it.
Your side will criticize it regardless.
Why give you (the enemy) anything.
Keep the focus on pedo Joe and the Ho.
Lol at the thought of me ever voting for a democrat.

Of course he shouldn't make decisions based on folks that would never vote for him but you don't think trying to court undecideds on a major election issue is worth the effort? He gets criticized on every single decision he makes already by the left so why hold back on something that could sway undecideds to his side? Sounds like you think he's employing the 'doesn't have one, run out the clock' tactic.

·
독수리 발톱
861 Posts
"The free market has always been the way to go" but you are on medicare?? Yep, that sounds about right.

The free market has always been the way to go. Those who have benefits at work it is real simple. The employer rolls out a plan every October with a few tiers of coverage and you choose based on family needs. The employer generally absorbs some of the premium costs.

I chose Cobra coverage when I left work due to possibly needing better coverage if I got the virus. Well, that is past and I'm ditching it. Medicare is $144/month, my BCBS supplemental plan is $190/month and my rx plan is $68/month. All in for just over $400. About what I paid for my plan when I was working.

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,175 Posts

You are paying that much on Medicare?

I am paying about $79, half of which is a dental plan. Admittedly the dental plan sucks as far as who you can use, but the medical BCBS regional plan is pretty comprehensive.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,175 Posts
"The free market has always been the way to go" but you are on medicare?? Yep, that sounds about right.
The free market in US healthcare has never existed.

Reactions: Basic Human Unit

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Trump want's to lower costs of plans, drugs, etc. He has already signed many, many executive orders to help lower costs. HOWEVER, he can't get Senate Republicans to write a plan that has to be voted on. The HOUSE want's socialized medicine (which only goes to the lowest common denominator with no choices). He has already improved health care for Veterans by giving them choices.

I am on Medicare because I HAVE to be with a BC/BS supplement. However, not all doctors accept Medicare because it takes up to 6 months to pay the doctors. (What one of my doctors said). Can you imagine what it would do with Medicare for ALL. Backlogs, more doctors not accepting it, having to wait to see a doctor, etc, etc. This is what happened in European countries that did so. Meanwhile Japan has no universal health care and no social security. Their savings rate is 20% of their income on average because of this. Keeps banks full of money with low interest rates, etc. If you did away with the rules for doctors, you would see doctors advertising their costs and you could choose the lowest price for a procedure. Full capitalism on medical expenses and allowing advertising, would lower medical costs about 20-25% according to Newt Gingrich.

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,175 Posts
Trump want's to lower costs of plans, drugs, etc. He has already signed many, many executive orders to help lower costs. HOWEVER, he can't get Senate Republicans to write a plan that has to be voted on. The HOUSE want's socialized medicine (which only goes to the lowest common denominator with no choices). He has already improved health care for Veterans by giving them choices.

I am on Medicare because I HAVE to be with a BC/BS supplement. However, not all doctors accept Medicare because it takes up to 6 months to pay the doctors. (What one of my doctors said). Can you imagine what it would do with Medicare for ALL. Backlogs, more doctors not accepting it, having to wait to see a doctor, etc, etc. This is what happened in European countries that did so. Meanwhile Japan has no universal health care and no social security. Their savings rate is 20% of their income on average because of this. Keeps banks full of money with low interest rates, etc. If you did away with the rules for doctors, you would see doctors advertising their costs and you could choose the lowest price for a procedure. Full capitalism on medical expenses and allowing advertising, would lower medical costs about 20-25% according to Newt Gingrich.
The doctors are paid by the Medicare insurance providers BCBS, Aetna, etc. So any delay in payment comes through that private industry which pretty much controls the market.

The insurance companies get about $110 A month right off your Medicare check, plus whatever you pay for a supplemental plan. On top of this they get a monthly bonus of around $1000 per month. So the system is paying them a minimum $1100 per month per person. I suspect they get some additional govt funds on top of this .

21 - 40 of 48 Posts