Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
MortarMaggot
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://gatdaily.com/trump-on-silen...CVOS2UM94S&trk_sid=EERJLTJV32UFOF5RI58BL74DI8

"The President, speaking with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain, has followed up his quick comments boarding Marine One with more that suggest he has banning firearm silencers on his table. Trump moved to ban bumpstocks in the wake of Mandalay Bay and moving on silencers would be in the same vein of activity, meaning the “the war on the 2nd Amendment is over” President would accomplish far more gun control than President Obama (although he told a series of lies in Brazil concerning U.S. Gun laws).

The real practical question will be, as an NFA regulated item already, what can he do?

The legal footwork that allowed the bumpstock ban used the NFA to classify them as “new” machine guns.

Silencers do not inhabit that same part of the National Firearms Act and aren’t subject to the same reclassification. Banning the devices would be an act passed through Congress. Such an act would certainly pass the House and could likely be passed in the Senate with President’s support. But will it get that far?

During the interview the President turned the questions towards knife violence...
"

·
Prepper elite
4,538 Posts
Wait till he bans semi auto.

Remember the trump worshipers will not find fault and tell you that it's just accessory. They might even call you a ***** or worse for wanting one. They of course would be angered if it was a Democrat doing it but because they worship the right its has to be given a pass.

Remember that the ATF only considers the receiver to be the firearm. The barrel, trigger and. Buttstock are all accessories.

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
like I said the worshipers ignore it.
You can say it over and over again and it only gets more comical.

I'm guessing you are against red flag laws? Most likely because someone shouldnt be punished BEFORE they've committed an act. If that's the case I dont see how condemning the POTUS of an act he has not committed any different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Prepper elite
4,538 Posts
You can say it over and over again and it only gets more comical.

I'm guessing you are against red flag laws? Most likely because someone shouldnt be punished BEFORE they've committed an act. If that's the case I dont see how condemning the POTUS of an act he has not committed any different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah sorry taking guns away from one without due process is theft. I love traitors who think laws save people.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
13,396 Posts
For those hyperventilating about Trump, I guess we'll just agreed to disagree. But you might want to educate yourself, rather than just grabbing a headline and running with it. Our 2A won't survive if people don't start educating themselves.

Obama appointed 329 Federal Judges, including 2 to the SCOTUS and hundreds Courts that hear gun cases and set precedent where people go to prison and lives ruined and gun laws changed forever.

It's tragic that people are so worked up over dumb bump stocks to so damn ignorant about the REAL gun control fights being waged and lost in the Courts.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...eave-liberal-imprint-on-u-s-law-idUSKCN1110BC
Obama's judges leave liberal imprint on U.S. law
Lawrence Hurley
"When President Barack Obama entered the White House in 2009, the federal appeals court based in Virginia was known as one of the most conservative benches in the country. Two Obama terms later, Democratic appointees hold a 10-5 majority on the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals....The shift to the left on the court, which hears cases from Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, South Carolina and North Carolina, highlights a widely overlooked aspect of Obama’s legacy.

His appointments of dozens of judges to the country’s influential federal appeals courts have tilted the judiciary in a liberal direction that will influence rulings for years to come..."

Obama flipped the 4th Circuit from Conservative to Liberal. That Court gave a 10-4 Ruling against "Assault Weapons" based on Obama's appointments. That has FAR wider and broader and deeper destruction against your gun rights than a dumb bump stock ban. No contest. Bump stocks are useless esoteric toys, and totally irrelevant if semi-autos are banned anyway, due to Obama. Semi-autos, the subject of the 4th Circuit ban, cover every semi-auto gun and magazine in production.

Here's the result of the Obama Court out of 15 Judges, Obama appointed 7 of them. This was a Conservative Court. This vote was 10-4 in favor of banning Assault Weapons in Maryland, N and S Carolina, Virginia, and W. Virginia. Now tell me Obama didn't harm the 2nd Amendment when they are declared not protected under the 2A in those FIVE states... and bad precedent for the entire nation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ult-weapons-en-banc-4th-circuit-idUSKBN1612PU
Second Amendment does not apply to assault weapons: en banc 4th Circuit
Alison Frankel

"The en banc 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals took a bold and potentially controversial stand Tuesday in its decision on the constitutionality of Maryland’s ban on military-style semi-automatic weapons and large-capacity magazines.

Like two other federal appellate courts that have reviewed similar bans in other states, the 4th Circuit found in Kolbe v. Hogan that such laws are subject to intermediate scrutiny, which means governments must only show that their gun prohibitions advance an important state interest. Under intermediate scrutiny, the 4th Circuit majority said in an opinion by Judge Robert King, Maryland “has shown all that is required: a reasonable, if not perfect, fit between the (law) and Maryland’s interest in protecting public safety.”

That holding resolves what had been a split in the federal circuits on the correct level of scrutiny for laws that impinge on Second Amendment rights. The District of Columbia and 2nd Circuits have both evaluated gun control laws using intermediate scrutiny but the three-judge panel that previously heard the Kolbe case applied the tougher standard of heightened scrutiny to strike down the Maryland ban in 2016. (Two additional circuits, the 9th and the 7th, have also upheld gun bans, but did not specifically opine on the appropriate level of scrutiny.) Tuesday’s en banc decision from the 4th Circuit replaces the 2016 panel ruling and aligns all of the appellate courts that have considered the standard for reviewing gun prohibitions.

But that is not the big news from Judge King’s opinion, which was joined in full by nine of the 14 judges who heard the en banc appeal. The 4th Circuit held that Maryland’s ban on military-style assault rifles is constitutional regardless of the standard of scrutiny because the Second Amendment does not give civilians a right to own such weapons.

That’s right: According to the 4th Circuit, the military-style guns used in a disproportionate share of the mass killings in the U.S. are outside the aegis of the Second Amendment because they are most suited for military use."

Trump, however, is SIGNIFICANTLY reversing that Obama damage by filling all the vacancies Obama foolishly left open, or that have opened since.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Barack_Obama

"Following is a comprehensive list of all Article III and Article IV United States federal judges appointed by President Barack Obama during his presidency, as well as a partial list of Article I federal judicial appointments, excluding appointments to the District of Columbia judiciary.[1]

The total number of Obama Article III judgeship nominees to be confirmed by the United States Senate is 329, including two justices to the Supreme Court of the United States, 55 judges to the United States Courts of Appeals, 268 judges to the United States district courts, and four judges to the United States Court of International Trade.[2][3] Obama did not make any recess appointments to the federal courts.

In terms of Article I courts, Obama made 8 appointments to the United States Tax Court, 3 appointments to the United States Court of Federal Claims, 3 appointments to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2 appointments to the United States Court of Military Commission Review, and 2 appointments to the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. He also elevated two chief judges of the Court of Federal Claims.

On the Article IV territorial courts, he made two appointments and elevated one judge to the position of chief judge."

https://ballotpedia.org/Federal_judges_nominated_by_Barack_Obama

In just 2 years, Trump has already appointed 1/3rd of the number of Judges Obama appointed in 8 years, and Trump has 131 more vacancies to fill. https://www.uscourts.gov/judges-judgeships/judicial-vacancies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Donald_Trump
As of June 13, 2019, the United States Senate has confirmed 119 Article III judges nominated by President Trump, including 2 Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, 41 judges for the United States Courts of Appeals, 76 judges for the United States District Courts,...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts