1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
yup.. get ready for people to panic buy the stores empty so you cannot buy your dinner for the week at anything less than inflated prices.. lots of people will be hurt by this mass hysteria over something not even all that dangerous.. disappointed to see trump adding fuel to that fire

The swamp is as the swamp does. We can expect D.C. to use this "crisis" to enact some new laws. I can picture using this situation to go "cashless." I can see using "test kits" to gather Americans' DNA. "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,579 Posts
That's fine. Maybe fewer dumb ****s with the virus will be getting on planes. I'd rather take a smaller hit now than a bigger one later. Taiwan has 50 cases because they've been there done that with H1N1 and took measures right away. People who don't think it's serious need to realize it could be and people who think the sky is falling need to realize it probably isn't... unless we completely lose our **** and bring it crashing down. Those of us who can hole up should do so and stay out of the way for those who can't.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He is so stupid. Quit shaking hands! Somebody needs to force him to get some sleep. The Republicans need to get together and force Trump/Pence to keep a distance from each other.
It' just like the flu bro!:rolleyes: Sarcasm if you didn't catch that. Yes, I think he finally figured it out hopefully.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dow is now up 1900 and still climbing. Looks like it's gonna close at about 1980. In the green, cool.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I was actually hoping the market would drop so I can buy cheap. Then let it jump back up with the virus scare disappears. Funny how the MSM was all about Russian collusion and the Ukraine just a couple of weeks ago. More money to be had headlining the virus topic. Wonder what they're going to focus on a couple of weeks from now. Chinese collusion?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The Democrats wanted to add some stuff in the bill which President Trump would not want. I do not at this time have a source but I read online that it supposedly included major funding for surgical procedures which murder unborn babies.

Whatever it was, the Democrats are wasting no time in letting no crisis go to waste. They have already blamed him for Covid-19's spread stateside and they will use whatever bad stuff happens to would him politically en route to 11/3/2020.

I know there are some out there who believe Covid-19 was released by the Chinese to help derail Trump. I won't go that far. But I have no problem believing the Democrats would use this serious situation for political gain.

I love how he bypassed the Democrats and used the constitutionally guaranteed powers of the executive office to get FEMA on board.

And as someone said, the DJIA ended today's session 1,985 points higher. The S&P 500 Index closed 229.25 higher at 2,685.25. Now, just a few more such sessions and we can all look at our retirement savings without weeping.

But really, them Democrats have no shame. I despise their antics and agenda more with every day that passes.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
But really, them Democrats have no shame. I despise their antics and agenda more with every day that passes.
The bill the President signed earlier in the week was exactly that; full of pork totally unrelated to dealing with COVID-19. This new bill will be more of the same. I could care less about taxpayer-subsidized school lunches. All this represents is a blank check for the Democrats to fund all of their favorite causes and send very few dollars to where they are really needed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The bill the President signed earlier in the week was exactly that; full of pork totally unrelated to dealing with COVID-19. This new bill will be more of the same. I could care less about taxpayer-subsidized school lunches. All this represents is a blank check for the Democrats to fund all of their favorite causes and send very few dollars to where they are really needed.
They truly have no shame. If anyone is in doubt about that, the pork in those bills is all the proof you need.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
The one thing I noticed about President Trump and this press conference today is the quality of the leadership. Can you imagine the leadership we would have under the likes of Biden, Pelosi and Schiff? The Democrats are not in the same league.
I listened to the press conference. He sounded very much like a man dealing with intense stress which of course he is.

The one thing that should be noted is the actions he is taking were faster than when the swine flu epidemic hit the US. By the time action was taken there, how many people were confirmed infected and how many died?

·
Deplorable Freedom Zealot
3,243 Posts
The Democrats wanted to add some stuff in the bill which President Trump would not want. I do not at this time have a source but I read online that it supposedly included major funding for surgical procedures which murder unborn babies.

Whatever it was, the Democrats are wasting no time in letting no crisis go to waste. They have already blamed him for Covid-19's spread stateside and they will use whatever bad stuff happens to would him politically en route to 11/3/2020.

I know there are some out there who believe Covid-19 was released by the Chinese to help derail Trump. I won't go that far. But I have no problem believing the Democrats would use this serious situation for political gain.

I love how he bypassed the Democrats and used the constitutionally guaranteed powers of the executive office to get FEMA on board.

And as someone said, the DJIA ended today's session 1,985 points higher. The S&P 500 Index closed 229.25 higher at 2,685.25. Now, just a few more such sessions and we can all look at our retirement savings without weeping.

The surgical procedures were a part of the bill, which should be about saving lives.

It also included:

$264 million for Diplomatic Programs

$435 million for Global Health Programs

$300 million for International Disaster Assistance

$250 million for Economic Support Fund

$100 million for International Security Protection

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
The surgical procedures were a part of the bill, which should be about saving lives.

It also included:

$264 million for Diplomatic Programs

$435 million for Global Health Programs

$300 million for International Disaster Assistance

$250 million for Economic Support Fund

$100 million for International Security Protection
EVERY. LAST. DOLLAR. Should be spent here at home. The $100M should go to providing additional security at embassies in shady areas of the world. Everything else listed above is pure pork totally unrelated to combating the virus.

Liberals are orgasming all over themselves. The checkbook is open and the President appears willing to sign anything and everything. Liberals have said they will NOT support suspending payroll taxes for 2020. Someone has top pay for their unabated orgy of uncontrolled spending.

Bet there won't be a single dime for enhanced bordered security including more money for the wall. And, I'll bet those SOBs hide the legislation reversing his travel bans in the upcoming bill.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts