·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Years ago there was a group called Teen Challenge the had the highest success rate in the country for combating drug addiction. They were blocked from receiving federal funds because it was a religious organization.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
There are far more good religious groups than charletons. If they are actually doing good, then why not. Maybe if they prove themselves first then allow them to get help expanding. Teen challenge was one. Another was a prison group that had a 90% success of those getting out would not return to prison. Shepard's Purse is another good one. They were one of the first to bring water, food, and help after Katrina. Another is the Cajin Navy of private boat owners helping and relieving flood victims.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,775 Posts
There are far more good religious groups than charletons. If they are actually doing good, then why not. Maybe if they prove themselves first then allow them to get help expanding. Teen challenge was one. Another was a prison group that had a 90% success of those getting out would not return to prison. Shepard's Purse is another good one. They were one of the first to bring water, food, and help after Katrina. Another is the Cajin Navy of private boat owners helping and relieving flood victims.
Because it isn't government's job. If you like their cause, donate your money. Don't donate mine. That's supposed to be my job.

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,777 Posts
It is a slippery slope.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I love it.

I mean, a tax exempt organization should have tax payer funded security. It only makes sense.

Congress late last month voted to raise existing security grants’ funding from $60 million to $90 million. The legislation signed Friday increases the funding and provides that the corresponding grants may be used for physical security equipment and screening systems, physical security and cybersecurity training, and other things such as cybersecurity resilience activities.

Eric Fingerhut, CEO of the Jewish Federations of North America who attended the signing ceremony, said he was thankful for the government’s action. He added, however, that he thought more funding was needed for the nonprofit security grant program (NSGP).

“Today only 32% of all nonprofits who apply for the NSGP receive them,” Mr. Fingerhut said in a statement. “And, while we are grateful that the amount available was increased, more funds are needed to secure Jewish and other faith-based groups affected by increasing threats.”

Wait, this program has been in place for a while. East coast Jewish groups have had both DHS and NYPD security for years. In fact I remember reading that there is intelligence sharing between the aforementioned groups that the general public isn't privy to.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Does this apply to all religious groups?
Technically yes....but no, not really.

94% will go to Jewish organizations.

I got that number from the internet. There are a slew of legitimate, mainstream sources for that number.

Apparently this program was implemented in 2005 and the Jewish/ orthodox Jewish communities get the lions share of the money.

In fact one of the people shot in the Poway Chabad shooting in California is suing the place because they believe they misappropriated the grant money hence causing them injury.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,284 Posts
Just because you approve of something government does, doesn't mean that they should be allowed to do it. Sooner or later, every power government is allowed to have will be misused or abused.
Yea, anarchy is much better.

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
45,472 Posts
How about this country get back to its roots.
You know. When everybody could open or conceal carry whatever they want, wherever they want, whenever they want. And nobody whined and complained about their feelings being hurt.
Lets see how many tards try shooting places up if that were the case.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
This seems totally unnecessary to me. Simply allow Churches to establish their own armed security force & protect themselves. It's already PROVEN effective in the recent Church shooting in Texas & the Marxists are FURRIOUS over it. In fact I can see this legislation being twisted by Globalist scum in the future as an argument to STOP Churches from allowing CCW inside.

Absolutely NO ONE is more responsible for yours or my safety than you & me. Especially Big Government that has proven time & again that it doesn't care about us & the fact that it is not very competent. Remember the Parkland school shooting & the "Coward of Broward" Deputy who hid in fear as children were being slaughtered?

·
20,284 Posts
The Constitution?
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity,
The Progressive era Amendments undermine Liberty, especially the 16A. This is why I became a Libertarian, driven by the philosophy of freedom; the document, the Constitution can be and has been used as a tool of despotism.

Compare our debt and unfunded liabilities to the phrase 'to ourselves and our Posterity' do we 'secure the Blessings of Liberty.' Reality is THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

·
20,284 Posts
I fully understand and agree with the post you quoted but I don't understand yours.
I was being sarcastic. I know sarcasm does not transmit well online. :D:

BHU is a pessimist. Sure, government can and will abuse power as it is not run by angels but man. This does not mean no good comes from government. It's chief purpose is not corruption but to keep its citizens safe and secure, protecting them from criminals foreign or domestic who covet their property.

The US does very well on this score, especially when you remove from the statistics a hand full of cities that have been plagued by Democrat rule for generations.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts