Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though death and infection rates are slowly decreasing, I feel the worst is yet to come. Maybe not with Coronavirus, but with the economy, foreign trade, relations with other nations, civil liberties... etc.

It is as if everything that could go wrong was written on pieces of paper, put on a wall, and someone with a blindfold is throwing darts.

The price of oil dipping at or below zero is going to have a lasting devastating effect on the global economy. Even if people went back to work tomorrow, it will take months to go through all the oil that was drilled during lockdown.

People screaming civil rights this, civil rights that, put people back to work,,, do they want a replay of the Black Death? Put people back to work, open the malls, open the schools, and watch the death rates skyrocket.

Unemployment funds are starting to run out. The system simply was not designed for millions of people to be put out of work in a matter of weeks.

Food banks are running out of food, but at the same time farmers are tilling crops into the ground.

To quote a scene from "The Big Short", nothing makes sense.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
The negative oil futures prices seem to be kind of like farmers dumping milk. That is the temporary inbalance in the supply chain messing things up. But with production shut down and demand returning prices have to go up. I want to conserve cash but get the feeling prices are at the low point now.

·
high on truck stop coffee
16,027 Posts
Crazy times we live in...altho a friend of mine was called back to work this week.

He mentioned everyone has PPE's, they all get their temp checked at the start of every shift.

I'm thinking, this could be a week or 2 too early....but how can the economy get goin' with people sitting at home?

It appears to be a gamble, who's willing to roll the dice? :confused:

·
Homesteader
2,555 Posts
Even though death and infection rates are slowly decreasing, I feel the worst is yet to come. Maybe not with Coronavirus, but with the economy, foreign trade, relations with other nations, civil liberties... etc.

It is as if everything that could go wrong was written on pieces of paper, put on a wall, and someone with a blindfold is throwing darts.

The price of oil dipping at or below zero is going to have a lasting devastating effect on the global economy. Even if people went back to work tomorrow, it will take months to go through all the oil that was drilled during lockdown.

People screaming civil rights this, civil rights that, put people back to work,,, do they want a replay of the Black Death? Put people back to work, open the malls, open the schools, and watch the death rates skyrocket.

Unemployment funds are starting to run out. The system simply was not designed for millions of people to be put out of work in a matter of weeks.

Food banks are running out of food, but at the same time farmers are tilling crops into the ground.

To quote a scene from "The Big Short", nothing makes sense.
Oil hit Negative -37.63 US. This is probably the end of the Petro Dollar and US Reserve Currency status. The Bottom will drop out now The Petro Dollar deal that the USA had with Saudi Arabia is dead, the deal was in place since the Mid 70's when Nixon went off the gold standard. Big Global Financial Problems. In 3-2-1

·
Homesteader
2,555 Posts
It's Bitcoin time
I disagree. Invest in PM's as in lead bullets, beans, rice, tangible trade goods and a very secure hidey hole. This is the big one. The Paradigm Shift. We come out the other side if we do the old world will be gone. There will be blood. China has 1.4 B mouths to feed, 6% of the arable land, 7% of the potable water, a busted flat economy, they just lost Honk Kong which is like losing Wall St and NYC. No I think the SHTF time is here. The top 3 economies in the world are done. The USA, The EU and the Chinese. Tape the lead to your fists and get ready for a wild ride.

·
spirit animal / unicorn
2,086 Posts
You're right, Kev.

People should be a lot more skeptical of calls to reopen...

This is a genuine pandemic.

It's as if it's going to be an across-the-board decapitation strike of the whole nation, instead of just one very important leader.

Older people are the leaders and the protectors of the young. They're a conservative influence in any country that helps keep it looking out for its own interests and preserving its unique national character.

I wonder if someone's trying to bring coronavirus around for another big swing at us, to leave the USA more vulnerable to the Harvey Weinsteins, Brian Epsteins, and other enemies.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,316 Posts
Just throwing this out there but maybe we should look into history and see what those who became major success stories during and shortly after the Great Depression did in order to become successful in such trying times and try to repeat their success.

With the Knowledge and skills we have today it should not be much of a problem.

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,546 Posts
When people don't have money for food, they get dangerous. Bread lines and martial law.

When people don't have money to pay trash companies, it piles up in the streets. Starts to attract rats and mice, new pathogens come into play.

When landlords and property owners don't have money to fix sewer systems, people in urban environments start dumping buckets of excrement out the window and... yep new pathogens to worry about.

When people don't have money to pay telecom, these interwebs that allow us to communicate, buy supplies, and work at a distance will go down.

Etc...

People don't want a replay of the black death.. They don't want a replay of Mao's famine either. They don't want to haul jugs of sketchy surface water home for cooking, cleaning, bathing, and watering their substance garden. They don't want to eat stray cats and stand in bread lines. They don't want to brick up all their first story entrances and rotate shifts playing roof Korean. They don't want burn their poop and trash in dumpsters every day. They want to work and provide for their family. They want their children and grandchildren to play in the park. They want to save the businesses and homes they spent their lives building.

Fortunately, I see a lot of Americans out there braving the wuhan virus, taking care of their own, and holding society up. I've seen a lot of younger folks grabbing door dash jobs delivering groceries to doorsteps and making $20 to $30 an hour because tips are good. I see nurses who got laid off going to NY for 10K a week. I see people sewing masks and using disposable gloves at the gas station. I see people trying to adapt and overcome.

There's a whole forest beyond the wuhan trees.

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Fortunately, I see a lot of Americans out there braving the wuhan virus, taking care of their own, and holding society up. I've seen a lot of younger folks grabbing door dash jobs delivering groceries to doorsteps and making $20 to $30 and hour because tips are good. I see nurses who got laid off going to NY for 10K a week. I see people sewing masks and using disposable gloves at the gas station. I see people trying to adapt and overcome.

There's a whole forest beyond the wuhan trees.

Thats the thing, we don't have to go back to the decadent, weak society we had four months ago, we can go forward to a new, sustainable, resilient one.

·
Over and Out
3,012 Posts
...we don't have to go back to the decadent, weak society we had four months ago, ...
Agreed but unfortunately, So many millions are far-too shortsighted to see such wisdom, I mean.. I, for one, have No Problem with hearing 'RIP Hollywood', heck, I'll design the logo for Free.. :thumb: Err, on second thought, no.. in-Trade for 2 solid Horses, ya.. :D: Heck, they're all out of 'fresh ideas', anyway (just Look at the PC-yack (& chinese-propaganda :rolleyes:) they're churning out these days, total barf...

..But, the 'Normbies' ("normal society" biased zombies, that can't see much past their iThinggy-life..) are gonna, in the not-too distant-distant, lose their :taped: when, ie: the Internet goes down (or, heck, even Farcebook, etc) and Real 'food shortages' start happening.. People will be suiciding / chaosing left/right in short order, methinks... And then come the civvie/gov clashes as they - Try - to implement martial law, etc..

Gonna be a horrible horrible mess before anything Can be 're-forged'... (which is Why I highly doubt your Great ahead-of-the-curve situ / full-extent of preps will Not go 'unrequited' in the not-too-distant future.. I think you'll soon be Very Glad you're where yer at...:cool:)

jd

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Gonna be a horrible horrible mess before anything Can be 're-forged'... (which is Why I highly doubt your Great ahead-of-the-curve situ / full-extent of preps will Not go 'unrequited' in the not-too-distant future.. I think you'll soon be Very Glad you're where yer at...:cool:)

jd
I would agree except during WWII england DOUBLED its domestic food production in just a few months. They emptied the cities, they tore out the lawns and the vacant lots and had revolution in production, all with massive restrictions on oil, imports of new machines etc and they did it eagerly, and successfully, and when the war was over and they had the chance to vote on ending the program it was continued by a landslide.

Sure, Americans and modern ones at that are no where near what those people where...but I still think if the TV came on one day and Morgan Freeman got up on stage and said "Well folks....its not coming back....we all need to get busy building a new world"

...that most people would listen.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Thats the thing, we don't have to go back to the decadent, weak society we had four months ago, we can go forward to a new, sustainable, resilient one.
Those who brought the decadent, weak society you speak of are still around. We cannot have the new if we keep the old clowns in charge.

The virus won’t weaken them, they have an unlimited supply of wealth that they take from us. They don’t have to tax us, printing more money does the same; we end up with less either way.

·
Awesome
16,786 Posts
Yeah, permanent damage to the global economy, money running out, food running out. You know, the **** myself and others have been telling you was going to happen for over a month now? We just passed half as many deaths as the planet seen in 2009 with Swine Flu. Yeah, the reaction to Wuhan Flu was a major overreaction brought on by media hysteria that many on these boards fell for.

·
Awesome
16,786 Posts
Those who brought the decadent, weak society you speak of are still around. We cannot have the new if we keep the old clowns in charge.

The virus won’t weaken them, they have an unlimited supply of wealth that they take from us. They don’t have to tax us, printing more money does the same; we end up with less either way.
Dude, you're talking to someone who says small business owners are all "parasites." His idea of a better society is absolutely the kind Karl Marx spoke of.

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Indeed. We would have to do something about that.

Which we won't.

Which is why this is probably going to usher in a new decade or two of general ****tyness into the world.

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Dude, you're talking to someone who says small business owners are all "parasites." His idea of a better society is absolutely the kind Karl Marx spoke of.
Not all of them. Not the farmers or the mechanics or the seamstresses or butchers, bakers, the doers and makers. The people who for the most part still have jobs right now. I'm talking about the 'fluff' who do nothing but make money to make money, consuming resources, enslaving people to sell other people things they don't need and can't afford.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

If you qualify as a human being....then no...your not a parasite. You think that is Marxist? I've never studied him. Perhaps I should.

·
Christian Patriot
77 Posts
Lets talk facts...

as this continues, no one on this earth really knows how long this will carry on....one, two or three months, years or decades...and no matter how much you may have stocked...its all an illusion....water, food, ammo or medical supplies....now I'm not saying not to prepare for God told Joseph to prepare for the 7 year famine that was coming...yet there is a much bigger picture to be seen.

This leads me to fact two.

We all will die some day and this is true...no matter who you are...death is evident...for the body will perish...now the spirit on the other hand...that’s a different story altogether.

Now this is a political issue as well as religious...most will disagree and that is fine. I'm not here to start another war.

yet by the very nature of what is going on... it is political...for the govt involves politicians making decisions for the country...notice I said the country...when it comes to this type of scenario I make my own decision...as i am directed by my heavenly Father.

Now, lets veer back over to the govt arena, this very arena, it is political as I have stated...why, because it is ran by politicians...but to this day the govt is no longer of the people, by the people and for the people...they are self serving millionaires....they will do all they can to preserve their wealth at the expense of the people...they do not care one rats tail about you and I as U.S. American citiizens...this could be said of all the govs of the world...

But lets dig a little deeper to peel back a wee bit more of the onion...the WHO is part of the U.N...same as NATO...and whether the politicians have a R or a D next to their names...99.9% have the same agenda and that is to support the U.N. and the U.N. is all about One World Gov...or as some of you may know as "New World Order" and the only way they can do this is by bringing about chaos...so they may bring about their new "Order"....we will begin to see nations align with nation and nations rising up against other nations...just look up the N.A.U...or North American Union and see what you can uncover....then start to look up Agenda 2030...you can't have the latter with out the former....One World Order...

Now, I said this is not only political, but religious as well...so what do I mean...and as I said before some will dismiss this as hocus pocus and that I am a nut job...well that's ok...as I once was on the side of not knowing God...I seen all that is going on, just not through the lens of the bible and the eyes of God....fact is, God is judging the evil of the world...like it or not, makes no difference to me...but this is fact, the word of the bible...

Some here are Christians and see what the word of God says...and others that are not of God will dismiss this...as i said earlier...it makes no difference to me for whether you dismiss or not...

let me share with you what God directed me to...

Jeremiah 15:6-7
6 “You who have forsaken Me,” declares the Lord,
“You keep going backward.
So I will stretch out My hand against you and destroy you;
I am tired of relenting!

7 “I will winnow them with a winnowing fork
At the gates of the land;
I will bereave them of children, I will destroy My people;
They did not repent of their ways.

For those who know God, will say this is the Old Testament. Yet I encourage you to turn to Hebrews 10:26-31...John 3:18...John 3:36...just a few in the New Testament...and oh there is so many more I could direct you too...as for the Old Testament, I will direct you to Psalm 9:17...where it speaks of all Nations who forget God...scripture is very plain and direct.

The sad fact today with the 501c3 churches...they keep their message to themselves and will not venture outside of their four walls...today the church, the body of Christ has become a silent church in a sinful world....they don't speak out against the evil of the world.

yet God will not be boxed in and He sends His true messengers to the world to warn...one of the true beauties of God is He will always send His messengers to warn and give ample time to repent and return to Him, yet if His people do not return, then the patience of the Lord wears thin and then comes judgment.

Today you have been warned!!!

Amos 3:6-7

6 If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble?
If a calamity occurs in a city has not the Lord done it?

7 Surely the Lord God does nothing
Unless He reveals His secret counsel
To His servants the prophets.

Jeremiah 15:1-2

Judgment Must Come

1 Then the Lord said to me, “Even though Moses and Samuel were to stand before Me, My heart would not be with this people; send them away from My presence and let them go! 2 And it shall be that when they say to you, ‘Where should we go?’ then you are to tell them, ‘Thus says the Lord:

“Those destined for death, to death;
And those destined for the sword, to the sword;
And those destined for famine, to famine;
And those destined for captivity, to captivity.”’

I will say this...the life on this earth is temporal...the spirit is eternal.

Another way of saying this...is this...

If you were standing at the Grand Canyon and you were seeing that a blind man was about to walk off the edge of the cliff....what would you do...would you yell "STOP YOU ARE IN DANGER"...well what about the spiritually blind person traveling the broad road and they are nearing the edge of the cliff that leads to hell...as I said...one is temporal and the other is eternal...as the physical body will die.

Folks, there is a million roads into hell and not one exit out.

I too was once walking that broad road of destruction, I was a falling down drunken cannabis farmer who had every intention to commit suicide, the devil had his chains wrapped tight around my neck and was dragging me to the pits of hell with him and someone spoke the name Jesus to me and my eyes and ears were opened, God had broken the chains of the devil and set me free from sin.

This is why I share my faith in Christ with those who will listen...for as Jesus said, He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no one will go to heaven except by Him.

As Paul said, I preach Christ and Him crucified, for by His death, burial and resurrection, those who believe can enter into eternal life by the life of Christ.

But with this said, we need to preach not only the Love of God, but also His holy righteousness and that He is a just God and will punish the sinner to the depths of HELL. For God is a wrathful God and His indignation burns against the wicked every day.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,316 Posts
Not all of them. Not the farmers or the mechanics or the seamstresses or butchers, bakers, the doers and makers. The people who for the most part still have jobs right now. I'm talking about the 'fluff' who do nothing but make money to make money, consuming resources, enslaving people to sell other people things they don't need and can't afford.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

If you qualify as a human being....then no...your not a parasite. You think that is Marxist? I've never studied him. Perhaps I should.
Good luck trying to do all of that by yourself.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts