Votes: 13 48.1%
  • other

Votes: 14 51.9%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silent Bob
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disclaimer: This isnt a bait thread, I would prefer that nobody gave a reason for why they feel the way they do.

This came up in another thread and I was curious to see how many Christians wished that the US was a nation were only forms of Christianity were allowed.

So how do you guys and gals really feel!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Christians are screwed on this one. If you say you wish it were like that, you will sound anti-American. If you say you're glad it's not like that, you will sound anti-Christian.

·
Silent Bob
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Christians are screwed on this one. If you say you wish it were like that, you will sound anti-American. If you say you're glad it's not like that, you will sound anti-Christian.

Some believe that this nation was meant to be One nation under one god.
I'm just curious how many people we have on here that feel that way. I'm hopeing they just vote and dont give a reason.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
One nation under God is a great idea, now deciding which God is where the trouble starts.
I have to agree with you on this point. How about we say that we all believe in some God, and that as a "nation" we get to worship that God how we see fit?

We dont kill each other in the name of our God, and if we dont have anything good to say about each others God we just keep our mouth shut?

what do you think?

·
Traditional Catholic
460 Posts
As luck would have it, I have just posted a thread on this topic "Liberty: The God that Failed" so entitled from an upcoming book by Christoper Ferrara. Lets see how the discussion evolves/devolves.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
I voted "other".

While I am a Christian and know that the USA was colonized and founded as a Christian nation, I don't want to see Christianity established as the only religion in the United States. It would negate all of the freedoms that we are known for.

On the other hand, the United States has an ingrained Christian legacy and every effort should be made to remind people of that, to encourage it and to discourage efforts to derail Christianity, as we would try to protect any legitimate religion.

For example, the PC efforts to rid the public marketplace of any hint of Christian symbols, etc. should be fought and stopped.

In my small Georgia town outside Atlanta (about 17,000) I was pleased to see the other day a Nativity scene on public land near the main traffic intersection. I and many here dare the ACLU to sue about this. They (the ACLU) will lose.

·
I travel light
2,018 Posts
Yes, that the way it is with reps

Well, after all, someone in the high government told once "or you´re WITH me, or AGAINST me"...so..:D:

·
Banned
7,436 Posts
Disclaimer: This isnt a bait thread, I would prefer that nobody gave a reason for why they feel the way they do.

This came up in another thread and I was curious to see how many Christians wished that the US was a nation were only forms of Christianity were allowed.

So how do you guys and gals really feel!
One Nation under God dosent limit any mono-thestic religion.

The only folks excluded woud be those few who believe in poly-thestic religions and of course Atheists.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Honor our Founding Fathers

They reasoned that the Colonies were founded on religious tolerance because the Quakers and Puritans were so tightbutted that they got kicked out of Civilized Europe!!!

So they logically reasoned that tolerance should be applied to all faiths.

We need to stick with the plan. Stick with the plan. It ain't broke. DON'T Change the PLAN!:D:

Go Player

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
Nah not really, after all it was Christ who said render unto Caesar and all, didn't say replace Caesar with me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The reason we don't have the problems the Middle East has is not because of any superiority of Christianity over Islam, it's because we have secular governments. Intellectually honest Christians see the value in the separation of church and state.

·
In Bat Country
1,465 Posts
the founding documents acknowledges God, but the government framework that was establish was of a secular republic.

You have to remember they were fleeing the tyranny of the theocratic states in Europe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts