Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading up about trout tickling and checking out some youtube vids since it looks like a great skill to have for when a pole or a trot line aint handy.
I went down to the creek today to try it out but unfortunately after all the rain and wind recently the creek was very high and muddy and all my efforts produced no fish.:mad:

Has anyone else experience with hand fishing methods like trout tickling or noodling for cats?

Please give me all the info you have since this looks like a really useful method.

I will try the creek again soon since it is usually filled with trout and will hopefully post with results

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
I've seen a couple of videos of guys claiming to do it with trout. I'm skeptical if they could have the same success in rivers west of the Rockies though

·
Registered
94 Posts
done it in yellow creek up in pennsylvanie, ive only done it a few times caught 3 fish from it and usually works about 50% of the time,spot a fish and approach it from directly behind it downstream, place your hand in the water directly behind the fish a few feet away so as to not disturb the water or fish as it goes in the water. carefully slide your hand under the fish from behind being carefuly not to touch the tail. where the belly is soft gently rub your fingers along it and slowly lift it up.....before you break the surface, firmly grab the fish. my fish were all around 12in but i saw my grandfather do it with a 25in brown trout

1 - 3 of 3 Posts