Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sprayed it with Krylon. Not sure about it yet i kind of like it but i think it needs more Brown for my area (North Texas). i will probably over lay it with either some mesh of some sort or some local shrubs and brush that is growing around my place.

Sorry if the pics arent great i took them with my video camera cause i lost the charger to my regualar camera.:(

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Not too bad. Now you need to do a leaf and brush layer with a different color of green in the other direction.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Looks like you did a good job on her.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I'm a big fan of spray cammo on a rifle. Here's one.

Lay some of that Monkey grass on the light spots, than spray some brown and dark green over it. Remove monkey grass. "Tiger Stripe"

My trick is to darken the light spots. Lay some clumps of crab grass on a 3 to 4 areas, ensure most of the grass points are on the stock. Spray the grass areas only Tan. Than shift the grass slightly, and hit it with a dark green and brown. The finished result should have Tan, Brown, Green tiger stripe. Green and Black looks good. Tan and brown Looks good. But the third color makes it more effective. The tiger stripe gives it dimension or depth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Looks nice.. What you should do is sit with it for a while.. I found that right after you paint it, you are too critical of how it looks.. Put it away for a couple of days and then look at it again to see what more you can add to it..

For the record, I totally removed the paint from mine and brought it back to it's original condition with acetone..

I even used acetone ont he wood and did it quickly enough so it didn't harm it.. Gun looks as good as new.. Just in case you change your mind..

My reason for removing the paint is that I put so many coats of spray on it before I got to the camo pattern I liked.. Didn't feel good about all the layers, even though you couldn't see them.. I knew they were there and it bothered me.. So in case you get sick of it, and want to bring it back, you can..

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not too bad. Now you need to do a leaf and brush layer with a different color of green in the other direction.
thats what i inted to do next time i get some time

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I like it.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Looks very nice...Thanks for the instructional and the pic!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts