Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,844 Posts
I saw this story when it first broke. I knew the outcome was going to be bleak for him after he ran out the store behind the second suspect and the returned to shoot the already incapacitated suspect.

Just like police officers, the general public is liable for use of excessive force. In this particular case I feel like the pharmacist used excessive force. I dont know that it was worth life in prison but he was still in the wrong.

Moral to the story: Turn off the security camera before performing a public service.

I hope they at least can do something to get the sentence reduced.

· Registered
2,844 Posts
I agree completely, EMPTY THE MAG! But where this went south for the pharmacist is when he left the building for several seconds, came back in, looked at the guy on the floor, BEFORE going and getting a SECOND gun and emptying it into the "suspect" (purely legal term, theres no doubt this guy committed the initial crime).

When the pharmacist acted in this manner he had time to consider his actions... PREMEDITATED. Thats where the murder charge came in. Had he grabbed the second gun and just covered the guy it wouldnt have been an issue unless the guy made some threatening move.

However, I DO NOT think the pharmacist was thinking clearly at that point. A good lawyer wouldve pulled out a manslaughter charge if not an acquittal for temporary insanity. Why couldnt we have watched that case instead of the Anthony fiasco?
For that matter maybe the pharmacist should look into hiring her defense attorney....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.