Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it is warming up I am really wanting to go throughout Florida and see all the best spots for hiking (yeah I know there aren't many spots to "hike"), kayak, camp, fish, etc.

I've heard about Ginnie Springs for camping somewhere around central Florida. But since I just moved here I am looking to find all of the best spots. St. Augustine looks beautiful, and I will be going fishing and camping there.. But since I'm just now getting into Kayaking and since Florida has a bunch of waters around, I am sure that there certainly has to be some good rivers to drift down!

But if anybody knows any other great places to go to around the state / can give any recommendations I would really appreciate it! It's great to be here on this forum :)

·
Outlander Territory
3,710 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
LOL summer time in south Florida is not known as the camping hiking season. Go to your local library they'll have books and info on camping, hikeing, kayaking Florida. Check out Pine Island sound/Cayo Costa for kayaking, fishing, camping. Just keep an eye on the weather.

One of the best sources that a lot of people are unaware of is SWFla. Water Management google www.watermatters.org/recreation/ Some of the best camping in Fla. can be found in areas own/managed by them (and most of its free) Green swamp appears to be in your area. Check it out. (after the last/type Green Swamp)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.