Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fideli Certa Merces
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I need some info.

I live in MD and am planning a trip to NJ to pick up some ammo from a wholesaler there. My trip will take me through MD, DE, NJ, and maybe PA.

I'm trying to find out what the laws are regarding interstate transportation of ammunition and cant seem to find any info on the subject.

I don't want to get stopped or have a fender-bender or anything with 5-10 thousands rounds of several different calibers of ammo if there is some kind of law regulating its transport, or specifying how it is to be transported.

The whole trip will take about 3 hours back after I pick up the ammo, and I can either store it in my pickup bed (most likely) or place it behind the seat of my extended cab pickup (only if I have to for rain or the like).

Anyone have any thoughts or experience on this?

Thanks!

:thumb:

·
Grumpy Old Curmudgeon
341 Posts
I'd put it inside to protect from theft and weather.
(you WILL have to stop somewhere on the way)

You don't have enough for "ORM-D" regulations.

You are a "private vehicle".

No more would be said than if you had 500 to 1000 rounds.
The main thing is to not get stopped or in a wreck to begin with.
That's money and injuries.
Be careful.
BEHAVE.
And have a safe trip.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Main thing is to be aware of the state gun laws you pass through. AMmo alone should not be a problem. Where they can give a ration of S--T is if you have a bunch of guns and ammo together in states where you have bans. It is like passing through Canada by car with hi cap mags on your way to Alaska. At least we don't have border guards in New Jersey yet.

·
Fideli Certa Merces
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd put it inside to protect from theft and weather.
(you WILL have to stop somewhere on the way)

You don't have enough for "ORM-D" regulations.

You are a "private vehicle".

No more would be said than if you had 500 to 1000 rounds.
The main thing is to not get stopped or in a wreck to begin with.
That's money and injuries.
Be careful.
BEHAVE.
And have a safe trip.

Thanks for the info - good idea to keep in inside instead of in the pickup bed.

I don't intend to get stopped or in a wreck - but that's why they call them "accidents". I just want to make sure that I'm not breaking any laws in the event that I do have an "accident".

Thanks again for the help! :thumb:

·
Fideli Certa Merces
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Main thing is to be aware of the state gun laws you pass through. AMmo alone should not be a problem. Where they can give a ration of S--T is if you have a bunch of guns and ammo together in states where you have bans. It is like passing through Canada by car with hi cap mags on your way to Alaska. At least we don't have border guards in New Jersey yet.

I wont have any guns or mags (unless I happen to buy a few mags while I'm there) - but definitely no guns.

Thanks for the input!

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
"If it is your personal property" and not for resale, and you have proof of residence and transaction locations showing you are in transit How dare anyone, to say anything to you, as long as the sale and possession are legal in both places. That said the business card of your attorney is a wise thing to have handy.

The key is personal property,obtained legally.

Bear in mind Internet advice is worth every penny you pay for it. Consult with the seller for legality. No one wants to lose their license, so they will know what is best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts