Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most individuals do not have the wherewithall to store sufficient fuel to last very far into the future.

So how do you get from place to place, goods to market.....

pack animals, horses, cows, mules even goats can pull a wagon some you can ride and you can eat any of them..... if needed.

what is the best choice for limited resources???

goats, for goats will eat anything, produce milk that can be used to drink and to make cheese...

second best choice is a cow but requires more resources, but cows can also be used as draft animals including plowing...

Mules are better than horses, but both take considerable resources.....

as to sheep, sheep are only good for wool, to eat and to count to go to sleep...

your long term survival should include gardening and farming and manual tools and animal pulled equipment....

Analyze the problem and think of potential solutions....

One fuel that will last as long as there is wood, is wood gas. Wood gas was used during WW2 to fuel vehicles and farm equipment....

www.woodgas.com

every problem has many solutions, the solution for you may not be the same for me....

think the problem through and choose the best solution for you.....

Soon....

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Thanks for the woodgas link. I had heard of it, but had not bothered to learn the specifics.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
good link there.

for my post teotwawki transportation i plan on using bicycles and qaudracycles. other than that iam working on building an acohol still fom make'n my own go juice.for a motorcycle and a small truck. i'm in the very early planning stages for doing this.
the production of the acohol fuel will be costly in the use of grain to make it. but i figure i won't be using it that much. thats one of my plans as of right now the more reliable plan is horse back.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
very true hadn't thought about the hemp growing all around me.
theres an area of brush thats about 5 acres of nothing but trees and ditch weed only 500 feet from my house hahah thats using your noodle ta'veren

·
Registered
171 Posts
come back in 3-4 weeks and the same patch will be just like new. You could even turn the stalks into yarn or thread if you know someone who could spin, my girlfriend was thinking of trying this after we watched a spinning video she got from the library that talked about hemp back in the day and how to thresh it and all that.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Diesel fueled vehicles with whatever conversions you need done, do now, so that they may run on white gas, kerosene, bio-diesel and waste vegetable oil.

A little diesel motorbike would be nice too.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
In my small valley, I'm only 6 miles from town. If I want company I'll go to the neighbors house. I can easily walk to town, if there is a meeting or something that needs to be taken care of.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hay that you have to grow, dry, and keep from spoiling. Horses that you have to feed, carry water to, maintain their enclosures, etc...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would like to have my car or van to get to my BOL. Just in case I have terrain maps from "here" to my BOL 'A' and BOL 'B'. I also have two evac plans. One for working transportation and the other for on foot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts