Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy off youtube sent a message and asked me to look at a Trangia Stove.

This Trangia Stove looks like a homemade pepsi can stove, but with a little different design.

Does anyone have any experience with this stove?

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
i always had one, even as a kid and it followed me up to my adult years. for a while i even did all my daily cooking on it since for a while i had no facilities. now i have a better one. the ones i had were always the kind that couldnt blow out in strong winds and light and easy to pack. mostly used for fast meals and coffee.

http://www.fiskejournalen.se/Temp/imageresize/-994051482.jpg

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's the safest way to carry the alcohol fuel for those?
There are some bottles on the market just for carrying fuel for stoves. The bottles are usually made out of aluminum and have a rubber seal.

Here is an example

MSR is one brand name

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
I don't know about denatured alcohol, but I use Methanol, or Brake line de-icer. This will not freeze. I keep it in the msr bottle like kev posted. These bottles have 2 small holes through the threads of the top so you can unscrew it a bit, and pour it very accurately. I have two 20 oz fuel bottles, and my pop can stove boils water very well with 2 oz, so that's 20 full meals or more with just those two cans. I can use fire/coals if i'm not worried about giving up my location, or i'm at my base camp for the night. I like alcohol because it leaves your pots soot free. It's cheap, quick, and clean. I buy 12 oz of methanal (yellow Heet) for about 2 bucks a pop at NAPA.

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
well scratch my last post. MSR Says that alcohol will damage thier bottles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts